• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"O" Ring replacement on M939

Doubled

Are the following steps a correct procedure for replacing an "O" Ring on a M939 series 5 ton wheel?

If so are steps 6 and 7 in the right order?

Pics would be nice if you have them

Thanks!!
Double D

1. Deflate Tire
2. Remove the bolts holding the two halves of the rim together
3. Remove tire and bead lock from rim
4. Take off the old “O” ring and wire brush the groove where it goes
5. Coat the new “O” ring with a silicone based lubricant
6. Install the new “O” Ring
7. Put the tire and bead lock back on the rim
8. Put the rim back together

If new “O” Ring is to big dip in Cold water over it and if to small dip in Hot Water

ARYankee

So did you get that tire to seal?

I'm curious to know about this as well. Is there a TM and what is the number?

Doubled

I searched the forum and found a post that had the steps on it. I copied the steps and added some comments from the thread. I just was hoping someone who was experienced at them would chime in.

Welder Sam

I put the tire on then the o ring. Then put the shallow half of the rim on. May not be right but it doesnt leak.

Im not experienced by any means. Ive only done 6 so far. Hope to get 6 more together early next week

Doubled

I put the tire on then the o ring. Then put the shallow half of the rim on. May not be right but it doesnt leak.

Im not experienced by any means. Ive only done 6 so far. Hope to get 6 more together early next week
That's what I was thinking. I got the order from the other post.

Thanks for your input!!