• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OD Iron AC

taylordc15

Ok I have read countless post on AC in the M1009 but have not seen any comments on the kit offered by OD Iron. Has anyone done it? If so did you do anything to insulate the firewall? I have the arctic heater kit can it be made to fit?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think it will fit with the banks. It mounts the a/c compressor just outside and below the right alt. As far as the winterziation kit, I'd need some pics looking straight down from above the right alt to get a better idea. Another note, it requires the relocate of the BO switches so a vent can go in. If you don't have a stereo installed, that area makes a great place to put the relocated switches.

Michael

I would love to see some pictures of the install. Do you know if that is all of the instructions that you get? He has 4 pages posted on the above link. No mention of the condenser or its mounting.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can tell you this, it's no walk in the park, done by noon install. I'll try to scare up some pics but the install still isn't complete.

devilman96

I will get you guys some pics in the morning . . kenny is right though, its not a 5 min install but I should have it gassed by Friday this week.

devilman96

Underhood work... I should note that the fan was changed out for a 6 blade flex fan to help up the CFM at idle... This is not part of the kit but something I thought would help cooling over all...

Attachments

Starlight

AC

Hey guys, I see it comes with a square louver but can you tell me if it has the other louvers above the glove box ? Trying to find out what the kit doesn't have. Thanks,T

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
devilman96 said:
Underhood work... I should note that the fan was changed out for a 6 blade flex fan to help up the CFM at idle... This is not part of the kit but something I thought would help cooling over all...
I can see better cooling at an idle, but how well does that flex fan work at highway speeds in the heat of summer? My old big-block Nova wasn't happy at all with the flex fan at highway speeds. It tended to act like a solid wall and restrict the airflow at highway speeds. Changed to an electric fan and lost 10-15 degrees on the highway. Given that we wind these trucks up pretty good at highway speeds, I would have the same fear? Let us know how it behaves.

Nice product, BTW!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As always, your stuff looks good, D-man.

devilman96

wow thats gonna be tight... I would need a measurement between the alt and whatever gadget is next to it (blower housing?)... The battery box bottom rear corner would have to be modified (notched out).

Why keep that kit on in CC Tx?

devilman96

I believe it will fit in there as the compressor sits quite a bit lower than the alternator does... Note I say "believe"... I still think you will need to notch out a corner of the battery box... but I’m not for certain on that ether as I’m told the arctic kit battery trays are narrower, but I don’t think narrow enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks