• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODDBALLs M109 w trailer

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds good to me, Id like to meet the Florida Crew. I feel confident with the express, she should be a good bit/h and make it back to Michigan without any major problems.
Thanks man.

I have to hand it to Chris, he is an excellent communicator and goes out of his way to help out any way he can. The world need more men like him. Peace out.

tvoss

BTW, I envision a 24vdc forklift battery 3,600Ah gell cell battery up against the back wall, a bunk bed made above the battery, 10 Keosaria 260watt solar panels aluminum framed flat on roof to feed the battery and a xantrex/trace 6024 inverter to feed the breaker box power. I figured 6000 watts/ 12000 surge, is more than sufficient. This way the truck is 100% self contained for power and should be an excellent bug out truck/camper go anywhere do anything truck..Thats my two cents.[thumbzup]
Don, since I'm a solar type guy, I plan to do a similar thing. But there is no way you can get 10 panels up there. The top is only 12x8. Maybe 6 if you let them hang over the edge a little.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what I was thinking. I just redid the drawing and it looks like 5 panels, could have done 6 but the a/c is in the way..Kinda hard to figure exactly where it is for the drawing I guess I can wait to get exact dimensions. [thumbzup]

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a good idea for stationary, Where would someone find a telescoping mast that could handle 18 lbs on top of a pole/mast. This would have to withstand 50-60mph winds and not bend.........? You couldn't drive down the road with a marine size 24vdc wind genny howling in the breeze. I like the stationary idea. I must be bored tonight.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG Dude, That thing must cost $20,000.00 Not in my plan/simple is good. 2-10' aluminum masts with a foot and secured to the flat back of the truck would work better would,nt you say..?

SGT LongT

Oh I definitely agree with you. I just remember having a telescoping mast with a MARFLIR and thought that it would be a great solution if HIGHLY cost prohibitive :wink:

123mack

I really like the 105 based trailer. Seems I recall someone else built a similar trailer but had more detailed pictures of the build. I've been going through search for the past hour, but no luck. Anyone remember it?

ODDBALL007

I really like the 105 based trailer. Seems I recall someone else built a similar trailer but had more detailed pictures of the build. I've been going through search for the past hour, but no luck. Anyone remember it?
I apologize for not taking more pictures of the trailer build it was a pretty simple build now I did was just weld 2 trailers together and put a bed on it . Not much more

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been home from Florida and the Ga Rally for a week. The Oddball Xpress is at her new home. I appreciate Chris for his hospitality and for being a gracious host. He made our Fla trip all worth while. I learned allot from the Oddball Motor Pool. Good man.[thumbzup]

My plan is to sleeve the shop van box in knotty pine with a Log Bunk bed up against the rear wall. I am having 2 roof mounting frames made for 5 Keoceria 280 watt monocrystline solar panels. I am installing the same Xantrex 3012 RV inverter/charger I put in the Military Container shelter. I got a gel cell 12 forklift battery 58"w X 26"h X 28"L The battery is rated at 3460Ah @ 20hr rate. I will post the progress as it goes.

I was talking to Razer about the same inverter for his PALACE on wheels. I am sure he will post his progress on his installation as well. I like him he is a good man.[thumbzup]

When I picked up the truck I had a chance to meet AC/Cages in person. If you know anything about Ac he always says he is told he looks like his Avatar. I am living proof and a wittiness to the fact that he does....lol

John is a Good man as well, he bought the Florida Crew Dinner at an amazing rib joint he frequents often in Orange City. I liked the ribs so much I am still licking my fingers...[thumbzup]

oldMan99

Just wondering:

How much does that battery weigh?

Where are you planning on putting/installing it?

What does something like that cost?

What kind of life expectancy do you have for it (until replacement)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks