• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OEM Deuce Batteries

GammaGoatGuy

Anyone know where I can find OEM M35 deuce military batteries and for how much are they sold usually?

I believe it came with two 24 volt amphibious batteries, with sealable screw vents on top and they are not lead-acid, but something else that I can’t think of at the moment.

Also any idea how to charge those 24 volt batteries beside running the truck?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search?

Last edited:

Sephirothq

I have seen some 24 volt AGM batteries but they are not OEM. The OEM batteres are 12 volt lead acid type batteries. They are vented batteries. If yours was retrofitted with 24 volt batteries to go to two 12 volt batteries you will have to combine them in series. Going from the negative post of battery A to the positve post of battery B. The negative on the side of battery B goes to the frame, and the positive post of battery A goes to the starter.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
7, do you own a truck now? do you have batterys now?

GammaGoatGuy

I have a pair of olive drab 24 V military batteries with vents that screw shut when you’re fording. I thought that they were the OEM batteries because they are huge and seem to fit perfectly in the battery box without any spacers, but looks like I was wrong about that. The previous owner said they were Cadmium or something like that. Very expensive apparently and I was trying to get more info about them and their proper maintenance, etc. Will try to get a number off of them.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
7, the ones you have are the OEM batts from the sound of it. They are a size 6TL 12 volt lead acid battery. Approximately 12 x 12 x 8 or so.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you post a picture of them, I bet we can tell you what you have.

This picture is a 6TL.

Attachments

Last edited:

Katahdin

My 66' 109A3 arrived Wednesday with two 12 volt Hawker AGMs. It was a TN National Guard truck sold from Campbell.

One battery appears to be in 'hibernation,' I'm trying to revive it with a Schumacher electronic charger. It'll charge to 100% then discharge to 10-20%. Read one bulletin that it takes several days of charging to bring it back to life.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AGM batteries are all ventless(as far as I know).

AGM - Absorbed Glass Matt

Keith_J

AGM batteries are all ventless(as far as I know).

AGM - Absorbed Glass Matt
Usually valve regulated. They will hold about 2 PSI (gauge) with the "valves" which are no more than rubber cups retained by a closure.

They use recombinant "catalysts" to turn hydrogen and oxygen gases back into water.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Deuce came straight from GL with virtually brand new Interstate 6TLs. It is possible that you have military aircraft batteries. These are normally 24V batteries in one package.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless you really want to keep it 100% military just go to NAPA and get two commercial 1150CCAs.

sw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks