• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off-road flatbed trailer with singles

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks long enough to fit a full size deuce for a recovery. I also wonder if the loaded tongue weight would be too much for your single axle bobber. You might want to work up some load calcs.

wehring

good point

I agree about the loaded weight. My knee-jerk thought was to add some helper airbags to the rear but this trailer requires some real consideration. I am going to borrow a load cell and lift the lunette and record weights loaded and empty.

The trailer weighs 11K.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Thanks to Ed and Crew

We test fit an M113 today. Special thank to Ed and Crew. What a great bunch of guys!

The trailer did not care when the M113 was loaded/unloaded. The truck squatted (technical term) ~1.5". Should be good-to-go for hauling M548 (hurricane relief) or M113 (knocking on crack house doors).

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

driven

I have pulled it empty with the bobber and it pulls nicely. With that said the bobber weighs 10,400 and the trailer weighs 11,070 empty so I don't see much being hauled (hay, tires, kids in parade, etc) with the bobber.

The tires are 365/80R20 Michelin XZL MPT. Load range L, Dia 43.1, Width 14.6
They are 1" shorter and 1" more narrow than the 395/85R20. The main difference is the lighter bead. These are easily mounted on 1 pc wheels. I prefer a common spare between the truck and trailer and I run the 395/85R20 on my trucks so I will most likely pull these off and sell them.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

M1075

I have pulled it empty with the bobber and it pulls nicely. With that said the bobber weighs 10,400 and the trailer weighs 11,070 empty so I don't see much being hauled (hay, tires, kids in parade, etc) with the bobber.

They are 1" shorter and 1" more narrow than the 395/85R20. The main difference is the lighter bead. These are easily mounted on 1 pc wheels. I prefer a common spare between the truck and trailer and I run the 395/85R20 on my trucks so I will most likely pull these off and sell them.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
Are these the elusive tire size Bjorn has been looking for?

wehring

may work

I forgot that he was looking for smaller tires than the 395s he tried. These may work for him but I only have 5. This trailer is the only item in our system that uses these tires so the only resource for them is retail @ $1400ea. No Hundy specials...

Justin
979 997 3112

Danger Ranger

For us lazy people: it is an MTO-20 EET manufactured by Holden Trailers. 20,000lb. capacity supposedly, 20" deck with 3' beavertail and adjustable ramps. 8' 1" wide deck.

I know some of this was stated, but I thought I would make sure we got it all, for the lazies...:roll:

A

A/C Cages

I cant find a trailer here in Central Florida like that. Everyone has trailers for sale but I cant get away to ever go get them. But I like that trailer alot. Wish there was some local around here.

goldwing2000

Banned

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
If you do sell those tires (and if you haven't already), I would like to call dibs! Any chance you'd let the wheels go with them?

jimmcld

I have a trailer that looks a lot like that. However, mine only weighs around 4000 lbs. Could be because mine is all aluminum. Another big difference is that mine uses 16.5" rims. Lets it sit lower but the tires with the weight rating needed are hard to find. It has 12x16.5's on it now but they are only rated for about 3700 lbs each. Means that I can only haul about 10,000 lbs. with it now. Would like to find some heavier tires to fit the 16.5" rims.

I'll trade with you!

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the information on the trailers. Does anyone know what the average price of these go for?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks