• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off-road flatbed trailer with singles

wehring

trailer.

Yes, this is the one that I was talking about at the rally. It needs new air lines, wiring and wood floor but for the most part it is a solid trailer.

Franz,
No, this was not a custom job. Is an EET (Engineering Equipment Trailer) and it is rated for 20K off road. Adjacent tires can be lifted 18" and the other 2 still make contact.

I did not know 'till recently that the gov uses a pintle dovetail trailer. Much less with singles and 1 pc 20" wheels. Jason (halftrack) included a pic (1st in this post) in a HEMTT thread that had one of these in the background.

Justin Wehring

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I love about this site. I have been doing this hobby for 30 years and I learn something new about MVs here every day. That will be one handy trailer!

wehring

pics

Interesting... it sits level behind the bobber but sits forward-down behind the M923. Maybe it was made for the MTVR?

Got the loading ramps installed. The spare tire mount was broken off. Need to revise the mount and reattach.

It does have leaf springs but I have never before seen this arrangement.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

emr

I have to agree with NDT , all the years gone by and another super cool MV i did not know about, AND i have been in envy of a few guys vehicles on this site, and NOW A TRAILER!!!!!!!!! yeesh that is one sweeeet Trailer, :)

halftrack

The trailer was made to go with the the rubber tire backhoe that we use in the Marines which is pulled with the MTVR. Justin -- good score!

Ridgerunner

Nice trailer. it resembles my Miller dual tandem 10-ton. They pull nice, you'll like it.

In picture #3, What is that sticking down, between the passanger side leafspring and the differential on your front axle? I never seen that before.

wehring

pic

that is the blow-by tube.

Jason,
I hold you peronally responsible for being an enabler with this addiction. :beer:

justin wehring
979 997 3112

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks