• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

off road lights

AJMBLAZER

If you check the FAQ thread, it will show you several places on the fusebox to pull 12v from.

The old trick is to buy the el cheapo NAPA "Tractor Lights" with the black, rubber housing and then swap in the bulbs from their same diameter "Aircraft Lights". Total investment for this wouldn't buy one KC light of similar power or size...and it wouldn't have a whack proof housing.

jholler

If you check the FAQ thread, it will show you several places on the fusebox to pull 12v from.

The old trick is to buy the el cheapo NAPA "Tractor Lights" with the black, rubber housing and then swap in the bulbs from their same diameter "Aircraft Lights". Total investment for this wouldn't buy one KC light of similar power or size...and it wouldn't have a whack proof housing.

I realize this thread is 3 years old, but I like this idea. Only problem is I don't see "aircraft lights" on NAPA's website...help?

Wolf.Dose

"Where to connect questions" to my opinion are from the time of E-mail. When I started to work on MV, I had no Internet, no Intranet, most the time even no comon or the related OM part 30/40/34/44/ or what so ever level.
Simply means: to make the money I by that time needed to survive I had to be able to work with the very limited informatione I had. I succsseded to got the trucks running even from srcap electric, rebuilding and / or refurnish the harness with rebuilding the scrap to a useable level. (Trucks were designated to the Singapore Army).
I did rebuilt my M715 the first time from 1980 until 1982 without any manual, however the truck did run including the modification a German Diesel engine!
Wolf
Student by that time
Thes second restauration with installing a 6.2 Detroit Diesel was a much more difficult situation which much more iods until somewhat reliable function.
Wolf

K9Vic

ProComp 100 watt 6" lights are much cheaper then KC at about $30 each and are just as bright IMHO. I have 4 ProComp lights on the front of my M1009 mounted on a CARR roof rack and then the "Tractor Lights"in the rear for backup lights. The ProComp lighst a freaking super bright and no way could I ever out drive them. They are wired to the 12v side of battery with a heave duty fused switch. Then the rear lights are on a relay with the backup lights. I also have four of those 24v PAR 36 military aircraft lights, but have not installed them yet, but planning on it soon.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks