• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL 08' RAUSCH CREEK SIGNUP THREAD!!

No.2Diesel

You might've missed the previous posts. The "old" parking/camping area, aka: " the moon base" is no longer being used and is off limits. A new entrance has been cut to Molleystown Road by the Comp. Course. There is a very thick layer of large stone gravel that covers this entire area. There will be little, to no dust. Designated camping areas will be for people with small vehicles and no tow rigs or large trucks.

I think well do fine if we stick by the perimeter.

M37Dodge

Accomodations . . .

An open expanse of gravel for camping :? At least it will have good drainage if it rains!

Figuring out a way to sleep in the puny M37 truck bed rather than the ground is sounding better and better. I might need to bring the M101A1 for storage or as a shelter if the wife and son come along. Although we camped in cold weather before, that was a long time ago. BTW: Black bears - her family swears black bear are the best tasting meat. Hmmm .. . M35 road (trail) kill-ed bear on the grill .... :driver:

docthrush

RE: Accomodations . . .

Diesel sent you a pm about the camp spot.. Most likely we will be on the back side of the comp course overlooking the valley.

LanceRobson

I',m still planning to come with my oldest son.

The M35A2 will probably not make it. The hub flip and winch swaps aren't done. Looks like we'll bring the M1008 and, maybe, the M1009. We plan on traveling Thursday.

Lance

No.2Diesel

-Good to hear Lance.

-Thanks for the heads up doc.

-M37 you could probably camp in the woods on soft ground somewhere else if you needed to. The staff just wants all the big trucks/RVs to be together.

I look forward to meeting everybody.

REMEMBER: IF YOUR CONVOYING, KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE TO BE AND AT WHAT TIME.

LanceRobson

No.2Diesel... Do you plan the trail time as a go out and stay out kind of thing or do you expect to loop back to camp occasionally? I'm trying to get a feel for how you see the day developing.

Also, after checking the RC website I realize they are closed Thursday, so we'll be coming on Friday. I may be just missing it but I'm not finding what time you expect to land at RC?

What time do you see things winding down Sunday? We'll likely look to pop smoke NLT mid-afternoon.

Thanks for all your hard work. What kind of adult beverage do you drink?

Lance

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
My son thinks the M1009 is not truck enought to take to RC I told him it is fine and that they will have a blast with you all. I hope to see tons of pictures of this here soon.

OLDCHEV4X4

My son thinks the M1009 is not truck enought to take to RC I told him it is fine and that they will have a blast with you all.
Whell, Im bringing my 1969 Blazer, and my main objective is to not brake my truck, do some easy trail ridin, and have fun. After racing my Blazer last weekend i have a bunch of things to fix, and i dont want to fix more stuff after this trip too. So i will be taking all the easy route's. I can scout ahead of the big trucks.

Do you plan the trail time as a go out and stay out kind of thing or do you expect to loop back to camp occasionally? I'm trying to get a feel for how you see the day developing.
I always pack a lunch incase you run into a all day problem and cant get back too camp for a while.

I'm plannin on going west on 78 to 81 north. Is there alot of big hills going that way?? Im towing with my 1977 Chevy motorhome (11,000 GVW). and my car trailer is 7,000 GVW and is over weight with all my gear on it. So im pulling over 18,000 LBS with a tired, carberated small block chevy. Its SLOW. And hills are 2nd gear only...sometimes 1st gear.

No.2Diesel

Hi Lance,

-If you look at the convoy schedule, it has a loose arrival time of 1000 and thats if everything goes without a hitch. Its really not a big deal. You could show up anytime really.

-In terms of trail riding and duration, there is no set schedule or plan. The park rules require that there be atleast two vehicles to a group so if guys want to split up that would be fine.

-On Sunday I think I will stay a little later than last year. Everyone kinda left before 1000 but I have a couple of places to stop in PA and NJ on Monday so I'm in rush to go home or fight Sunday afternoon traffic going through the city. I'll probably stay till 1430. I guess the answer is you could stay as long as your having fun. There's no set time but I'm sure some will want to leave in the morning to get a head start home.

Armyman: that 1009 will do just fine in the park. Lo-Range is the order of the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone for the continued communication. Oh Lance I'm a "beer snob" I'll be bringing plenty of good stuff. If you handed me a common Domestic beer I drink it like a glass of water. :beer: but would still be thankful and appreciative.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The t-shirts are ordered and paid for, and currently being printed. If you want a t-shirt for the rally, cost is $15 each made in USA, we have Large, XLarge, XXLarge and 3X-Fat. :) Let me know how many you need in a PM and I will mark them for you, and bring to the rally.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Praying that my sons will be coming they have to pick up my two trucks at Anneville on Friday morning so I told them park them and head up with the M1009. My son's Jeep is not running well and he complained about the power in the Blazer being poor. I told him put it in low range and have fun. I am praying that the pick up and trip to the creek goes well.

Make sure and take lots of pictures that place should be breathtaking in color this time of year.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, tell your sons not to worry - there will be a dozen or so mechanics in our contingent, who just so happen to have experience working on military vehicles. If it's having power issues, we can figure out why!

Jakelc15

It's going to be just me and the wife now. My sister and brother in law can't make it. No civy jeep, just the deuce.

Jakelc15

Probably not. Will be up later on friday because I may have to work in the morning. Was there plans of any wheeling on friday?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well my sons are committed to picking up the M109 and M1031 on Friday morning then drop them off and head up for the rally. Please make sure they feel right at home. Christian is a very intelligent kid that has some great ideas but took a while to get his head on straight. I am hoping Noah is going to sign on in the morning and join up.

Thanks to all that are putting this together and God bless the travel and time together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks