• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL 08' RAUSCH CREEK SIGNUP THREAD!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well the truth is my sons are not going to be coming after all. I am pretty disappointed in this but my oldest son informed me of this just a few minutes ago on the phone. They are at least going to fullfil the commitment to pick up the two trucks at Fort Indiantown Gap and drive them down to John's for me. I sure was hoping they would be coming to have a great time with you all. Believe me when I get home these will not be missed even if I have to ride the ROKON all the way there.

M37Dodge

Murphy

Due to an incident at school, I have to go to a parent-teacher meeting tomorrow morning.

I will be missing the convoy as a result. I will drive up Sat morning instead.

Where to link up at RC and how?
Thanks.

Rickyoday

RE: Murphy

Hey M37Dodge, I'm going up Saturday morning as well...I'll be leaving the Gap area around 6am, taking Rt 772 to RT 501. Care to convoy? I'm currently sick, but am on meds and should be good to go Sat.am. Rick

OLDCHEV4X4

Man,,that was a fun time. Made it home fine. (Its all down hill from RC). No rain and warm weather and beautiful foliage and lots of cool people. (except for some at 0100 saturday).

Oh yea...and some MV's were there too. RC got some of their trails widened for free.

Unfortunately my camcorder is hi8 and posting video is gonna be a task. But i'll work on it.

I'll be there next year. Hopefully with some green.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love to help with pictures, but left my camera at home this time. If I'm taking pictures, I'm not having fun behind the wheel (Lord, give me a girlfriend who will come along and take pictures from the passenger seat). There were plenty of cameras floating around, though. I'm sure a pile will show up here once the No.2Diesel brothers get back from their trip.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other than a few instances on Automotive Foresty (having to use the front bumper of the 5-ton to push trees down!), the 5-ton did well. I reckon the power steering made it rather easy to move in the tighter areas.

TREAD LIGHTLY, BI*CH! rofl

Rickyoday

I was 2 trucks back from N0.2Diesel in my 5ton tractor....he made the trail a little more "5 ton friendly" with his 900 series. The first sign that I noticed of what he was doing would be the sudden "fall" of leaves...followed by the "offending" tree slowly falling forward. He moved several trees this way. I knew these trucks were tough, and built for off-road, but some parts of the trails we were on were barely fit for foot traffic, and all the trucks performed well. I ''pussed out" on the first "froghole", even though I saw Newmvguy go through fine with his deuce....I thought a 5 ton would be hard to get out, not to mention the 3-4 feet of water/mud that was in it. I did go thru the rest of them though...I'm amazed at what these trucks can do!! I look forward to the videos and pics as well. Beautiful weather, great buch of guys(and one girlfriend) wild trails...you gotta go next year!!!!

THEROAD

I took a bunch of pictures; but left the camera at my son's house. He does not have the special connector. We had a great time running the big OD through the jeep trails. I will post them; but it may be weeks and by then a distant memory.
Sorry

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got off the phone with the Rally Commander in Chief, David. Said the pics will be posted sometime this week, he will be recovering from a long trip until then. He just got home 2100 hours Monday.

PaFarmer

I had a lot of fun and met a bunch of nice folks. I was suprised how well the trucks worked in the woods. There were a few spots where mother nature had to be shown who was boss. It is hard to Tread Lightly when you are driving a Duece or 5 ton.

I flat towed a ford ranger up, but did not get a chance to run it around there. It towed fine. I put a universal class three received hitch on the Deuce that was designed to fit nearly every type of ford or chevy pickup built in the last 20 years.

My hat is off to the folks that traveled from out of state for the event.

When I pulled in I was glad to see RickyOday with his 5 ton wrecker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks