• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sitting in friggin airport in California at 1:30 eastern on a Friday night trying to get back to the mafia homeland.

Got to way to much packing to do and no time :(

sandcobra164

See if you can come up with Alternate unloading locations. Its gonna be a long week if I can't get the M37 out of the back of the M814.
John,
Even if there is not a location in the field, I'll bet we could unload your M37 out of your M814 on the trail leading to Slippery Nipple. It's a pretty straight trail save for that 90 degree turn to the right shortly after you leave the pavement. I'd be more than happy to help once I get there on Thursday and even have 2 miles of M37 driving experience since Ferro let me drive his at Zout's house a few years ago.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,
Even if there is not a location in the field, I'll bet we could unload your M37 out of your M814 on the trail leading to Slippery Nipple. It's a pretty straight trail save for that 90 degree turn to the right shortly after you leave the pavement. I'd be more than happy to help once I get there on Thursday and even have 2 miles of M37 driving experience since Ferro let me drive his at Zout's house a few years ago.
Problem is that the M814 is not really trail capable with the M37 in the bed. The center of gravity is just high enough to make the Long Easy squirrelly in rough terrain. On hard surface roads, no problem.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we can't find an earthen berm to unload on in that area, we are a sorry bunch of individuals. There will be a way JP.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if you can come up with Alternate unloading locations. Its gonna be a long week if I can't get the M37 out of the back of the M814.
John, what about that little hill with the two culverts underneath it in front of the registration tent. Cannot you use that somehow as in between?

Other thing, while driving with the golf cart to the showers, I somehow have in my head that those two long sheds across the road at least have an unload ramp into a building. Not sure if you can get the jeep down on the other side, maybe Ron can check that out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks