• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya' know that straight away in front of the rally? Unchain the M37, get up to 200mph and deploy a drag chute. It'll suck it right on out! Easy! :-D
This would work flawlessly exceptnone thing. They make us cut the shroud lines off surplus chutes.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Boy did the poo poo just hit the fan!! MB and I were talking about the Rally and she said she was going to make something special for Thursday when we arrive.

Well, I told her we are leaving here Wednesday morning and she went into her "WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME" mode!:shock:

I calmly pointed to the calendar which CLEARLY has the dates blocked from Wednesday thru Sunday (that has been posted since the dates were first changed) and we continued the discussion....well... she did.:-(

I'm hoping the swelling on my face and the black eyes are gone by Wednesday morning.:roll::papabear:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I fixed the problem of unloading the M37. Just had to wait until the racers quit racing. I found a dirt berm that worked out just fine. So far, Gimpy, Steve, Ron, Carnac and I have the place held down. Ferro is still trying to get out of Columbia. We may have to reroute AMgeneral to pick him up. Gimpy and Steve pulled in about 1600 yesterday, and Carnac hit the bell at 1045.
It is breezy, but the sun is out, and everything is good.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well, I fixed the problem of unloading the M37. Just had to wait until the racers quit racing. I found a dirt berm that worked out just fine. So far, Gimpy, Steve, Ron, Carnac and I have the place held down. Ferro is still trying to get out of Columbia. We may have to reroute AMgeneral to pick him up. Gimpy and Steve pulled in about 1600 yesterday, and Carnac hit the bell at 1045.
Adam had to do a few more honey "DOs" before he left.

Whiterabbit

Been holding out on fueling up. Gas station just lowered the price today! $1.93 a gallon!! Time to fill both tanks and the jerry can! 45 gallons of the cheap stuff please!! :-D

AMGeneral

I talked to Adam at 0920 this morning,still coping with problems on Bella,I think everything is straightened out and he "should" be on his way shortly.

We made the last few purchases for the stay this week,I should be in around 12 to 1 PM on Wednesday,with Jennifer arriving about the same ETA Thursday.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
NOTICE:

I just got an email from our insurance carrier. They are asking that participants in the hardball convoy provide us with a copy of their insurance identification card.

When you arrive at the rally, the registration tent can scan or take a picture of your card while you're being registered.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

AMGeneral

I talked to Adam at 0920 this morning,still coping with problems on Bella,I think everything is straightened out and he "should" be on his way shortly.

We made the last few purchases for the stay this week,I should be in around 12 to 1 PM on Wednesday,with Jennifer arriving about the same ETA Thursday.

UPDATE!!!! HELP NEEDED

I spoke too soon,it seems Adam has a blown head gasket on the M109,so If ANYONE has a new style set of head gaskets they can bring to the rally,Please do!!

He is about at about the halfway point to Durhamtown in GA,I assume on I-20 headed west.

I think he is gonna call EMD to see if they can towbar the 109 there.

Mods please post this wherever needed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks