• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
OK . Do we need to check in acrost the street first. i plan on sleeping in my truck or a tent next to the truck. I know there is a fee to be paid.

poppop

The last two years I did not check in until I was set up. I am towing a Duece with a five ton so it is easier to go straight to the field. There is no check point to enter and the Durhamtown people are very accomadating..

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK . Do we need to check in acrost the street first. i plan on sleeping in my truck or a tent next to the truck. I know there is a fee to be paid.
As Poppop said, you can park your stuff and then check in. Just make sure they know you are there before the office staff leaves for the evening........ although I am not sure how late that is.

phil2968

Zout, your avatar makes me have bad thoughts!

A bidet gone bad!

A bidet with a little extra!

A bidet with a happy ending?:-D

When you change your avatar this post will make no sense unless Clinto deletes it!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
As Poppop said, you can park your stuff and then check in. Just make sure they know you are there before the office staff leaves for the evening........ although I am not sure how late that is.
Thanks I will be coming in with my road tractor so that will make it easer. Looking forward to meeting everyone. and drool over the trucks too!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I know that SCSG-G4 and Wreckerman need reserved areas for obvious reasons.

Is the rest pretty much up for grabs as folks come in...or do we need to make "terrain reservations".
CAMO will bring 1 tractor/trailer with some army cars and prolly some 5tons and an M185A3.

OH...and a golf cart to haul that ole feller zout around:beer:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know that SCSG-G4 and Wreckerman need reserved areas for obvious reasons.

Is the rest pretty much up for grabs as folks come in...or do we need to make "terrain reservations".
CAMO will bring 1 tractor/trailer with some army cars and prolly some 5tons and an M185A3.

OH...and a golf cart to haul that ole feller zout around:beer:
Mike and WM will be where they were last year, for obvious reasons (for the uninitiated, that's where the water and power hookups are).

Now, for everyone else, all we're gonna do is just make a couple different areas....... one for general parking/camping and one for the vendors. We now have 3 vendors bringing displays of product for sale and there may be more, so I am going to try and give them their own area.

So you don't really need to reserve any terrain.

Once we're out there, we'll figure out where to put the M109 row. :D

Trudge

hey guys I live about 35 milles from the sight and plan on being there ..........both my trucks are up for sale back north( so ill be shopping for a new truck while im there i guess) , but i will be driving my mobile welding/mechanics rig over........so hope nobody breaks anything , but if you do ill be ready!!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Let's see if I can post the correct map (which does not display on the DT site, but does load onto my computer, where I can find it). We are in the horse pasture, just above site 65 on this map.

Ok, here's a nice map.*

*actually, this map looks like the mapmaker has some kind of mental illness but he's also waaay underpaid.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something else I stumbled across in the garage. An NOS insulated arctic cargo cover for the M1008, M1028 et al. $200 and I'll bring it along. Won't bring it if it's not sold in advance. Don't mind bartering either if you have some trading stock.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:beer: That is definitely a funny post. But of course I don't know this fella yall speak of so I will have to wait till the rally to form an opinion...lol
I am preceeded by my reputation......you will not have trouble spotting Papa Bear.....he'll have on the pink combat boots and red tutu.
Since we will have the PA system set up we will be able to announce warnings when he comes dancing through the compound.

Sometime before the rally I hope to do a walk through with Clinto at Durhamtown and maybe we can do a layout of where the reserved spaces are for the vendors.

Since there will be a few of us there on Wed we can lay out spots and check folks in as they arrive.

I have some yellow engineer tape that we can mark off reserved spaces with and designate roadways.