• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We are hooched up at the Flying J just south of Durhamtown....I don't want to wander around in the mud at night in a big rig.

Rained some on the way over but it seems to just be misting now.

Should arrrive early in the AM.......if we have heavy lift capability I need to unload a big arsed air compressor before I back the rig into the kitchen area.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
As for the WIFI im all the way back in the lower field by zout and i have 4 bars on my puter! cell service sucks! only place i can get service is at the office or in spots by the gate! there are about 20 of us here so far. it rained yesterday and we all got soaked but Zout passed around some of his cold remety![thumbzup] I think im the only one awake right now. I was here 2 hours yesterday and the jeep is already broke! aua It can be fixed pretty easy but its raining so it will set for now. Alredy went and got parts. but i did drive it down the the office to get some ice for the pig. Mike was laughing at me. It has no top! i was soaked! Every one be safe and get here in one piece and lets make this a great , safe rally this year.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I don't see that Clinto poasted it so ill tell tha i will be with the help of others the first aid person for the rally. if you need somthing first aid wise come see me. there will be a radio at the mkt for them to get ahold of me in an emergency. Lets hope we dont even need a bandaid . Im going to leave a first aid kit at the MKT help your self to what ever you need. if you need somthing i dont have maby we can get it just ask!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I don't see that Clinto poasted it so ill tell tha i will be with the help of others the first aid person for the rally. if you need somthing first aid wise come see me. there will be a radio at the mkt for them to get ahold of me in an emergency. Lets hope we dont even need a bandaid . Im going to leave a first aid kit at the MKT help your self to what ever you need. if you need somthing i dont have maby we can get it just ask!
We will be there with Zout's "Aid Station" this evening Tigger.

I case I am brought to you passed out just remember, I'd much rather have a bottle in fronta me than a frontal labottomy.

Attachments

Jimma

The office has a ATT booster to help with cell service, but you have to be near the office to benefit. As to the rain, once it stops and things dry out a little we sure will appreciate the reduced dust. If it had not rained it would be a dusty, dry mess down there. We will be pulling out by 12 today to make that long, grueling, tiring 65 mille drive, look forward to seeing you all around 2 PM.

Jim

poppop

If all goes well with my Wife today we are going to spend one more night on the beach in Jacksonville and I will be there Friday afternoon in plenty of time for PIGGY.

GTO Tiger

Gosh, this is so exiting!!!!

Even though I am stuck at work in Michigan, I am sitting here on my lunch hour checking on everyone's progress to the rally and loving it. Your updates and pics (hopefully more soon) are making it possible for me to "live" the event with you all.

While I don't expect any of you to curtail your fun to coddle us who can't be there, I do want to let you know that your contact through SS is REALLY appreciated!!!!

Continue to be safe in your travel and your fun.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weather Report..........

October 19th - 23rd weather forecast form your local weatherman Bobby...lol

Today- Cloudy and Windy High 58 Low 41
Thursday- Partly cloudy High 62 Low 40
Friday- Sunny High 66 Low 39
Saturday- Sunny High 69 Low 42
Sunday- Mostly Sunny High 70 Low 46

So much for Summer! Better bring your blankeeesss!!!

And that's all I have to say about that.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awww, thats so sweet. Ferro and his pig........ I hate work. I could be there already. The Long Easy is ready, I have the food packed, I'm packed, the wife is almost packed. Now I just need to get through 10 hours of work, a haircut, and a 2 hour drive.......sigh. :jumpin::mrgreen:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's still pouring down rain here in Hiawassee! I bought me a new rainsuit today, otherwise loading the truck would be impossible. My bows are in place, so I'll hang a tarp over the truck, clean the water and leaves out of the bed and lay another tarp on the bottom. Then, load my stuff and cover with another tarp. I'm hoping it isn't raining Thursday morning when I leave, but the forcast is calling for rain until noon. I'm really jealous of the people already at the site!

oilcan

Gimp and SW called and said they left Cinci around 1pm, and should be swinging by to pick me up in Decatur sometime after that. ;) I can finally confirm that I will be there. My meager gear pile is stacked up by the door ready to be thrown aboard at short notice.

:beer:

Look out, mama bird. Here I come!

GamaGoatGirl

It has stopped raining, kitchen trailer set up,campfire going, and pretty windy and cool! Crazy me thinking Georgia would be warmer than NY! Looking forward to some good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks