• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dAngus

Even if the grit trees don't do well, I have a honey hole over here where some of those yankees can come down with their shovel and I'll show them where to dig.

There's a ton of grits down there in the earth, but you gotta know where to dig. I would help them, but I have a bad back. Yummmmm.... good. Dig deeper, faster boys. There's grits in them thar hills.

I'm gonna pull SWB1 over to the side at the GA. Rally and teach him how to eat some boiled peanuts. My favorite is with a glass of really cold milk, but beer will do. When he goes back to Ohio, hes gonna feel like a new man.

(The secret to eating and loving boiled peanuts, is, you can't just eat one. It's kinda like your first taste of beer. And if you can relate to that, and to the end result, you'll understand what lies at the end of your trials. They're far better than the hard ones, or any kind. Just messy, but then, so is eating watermelon.)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The big test in boiled peanuts is the "squishy factor". They should hold together when being picked from the shell but mash nicely between your teeth. And they have to have the correct degree of salty.....not brinned to death but salty enough the make you want to sip something after a few.
Poppops are the cat's azz!!!!!!!!:beer:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If my Jury comes back September 18th, "NOT GUILTY" I can donate a case of spam, various flavors. No kidding..lol
Don is it the 12 or 24 can case? I need to know to bring how much added stuff to bring. If Mike will allow me use of a burner I have an award winning recipe for spam. I will bring my own square head to cook in so it won't tie up any of Mikes.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know yet. I am due for pick up anytime after the 18th of September. I am sure the bacon flavor is the best to use anyway.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone that wants to help feed the crowd is welcome to use the MKT to help us prepare. If I can get motivated in this heat, there will be three M-59 ranges available for cooking. Third range is primarily for boiling the water for tea and coffee, but when not in use for it's main purpose, can be used for other things.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question on lunch Mike. I think you were planning cold cuts this year. Are you going to buy pre sliced stuff or bulk meats and slice on the premises? Is there a cost break on either?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,

I think we'll do presliced, mainly because we are limited on what electrified appliances can run and slicing all the meat by hand would be slow going (I do have two hand powered slicing machines). Cost increase is not that much, and it will help to get us out of the food prep and serve faster. The idea of not cooking at lunchtime is to get us wandering about the vendors buying things and wandering about the campsites and enjoying the companionship of our compatriots in the hobby. How's that for a mouthfull!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost no cleanup and no cooking at lunch is a win win for everyone. I'm so happy about this cold cut deal.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not a huge fan of cold sandwiches, but if it helps to simply lunchtime I'm not gonna gripe...much.
If there are leftovers from the previous night's meal we sometimes warm them up and let folks serve themselves......but watch out for those Chilimac chow hounds....they will trample you to get left over Chilemac.

You know who you are.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be happy to put your cold sandwich in my armpit for an hour before lunchtime, to warm it for you!

Here's an idea. How about a sign-up sheet at the rally sign-in(Kenny's command post) for people to sign up for specific day/meal assistance, before during or after.
Like a volunteer duty roster.

Mike could dismiss any overage of assistants that shows up.

I have seen alot of after meal cleanup done, and I would think it would be a nice relief if Mike and the crew could just sit back and bark orders to a clean up crew after the meals.

Just an idea.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there are leftovers from the previous night's meal we sometimes warm them up and let folks serve themselves......but watch out for those Chilimac chow hounds....they will trample you to get left over Chilemac.

You know who you are.
Sometimes they give them to you cold and advise to shift for yourself. Thats where the fire pit lends a hand

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I have a 3 burner propain grill i will bring, if we need it it will be there if not it will still be there! I use brickets to cook with my dutchovens.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks