• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So how does everyone feel about.......

103 trucks! And somewhere around 40 trailers!

I will have to check the sign in sheet tomorrow as there were a couple of late arrivals (M109A4 and M35A3) but its at least 103 total.

I think that's almost 20% growth from last year.

joeM62

It being my first time there, not to happy with the run around I was giving just to get into the rally, don't think it was right but **** happens. Any way glad I finally got in met Tim and his wife good people finally met papabear and swiss, didn't see zout anywhere. Next time I come I will have the duce and no family this time.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just made it home. Thanks all for a great rally. It was too short for me but I had a great time. It was good to meet a lot of you and to finally put faces with names.

TMNT

Made it home safe about 13:30. Went in kissed the wife and now about to unload the truck and maybe wash the mud and dust off of it.

We had a great time. I hope everyone makes home with no troubles. If anyone needs any help up on the northwest side of ATL, let me know.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Made it home at 1210, need to rest, a WEEK of SS rally is a energy drain, with all the RED dust, I now know where every drop of oil from my blown hyd. hose hit the 819 .

sandcobra164

Just got parked, no issues with Deuce other than 195 degree transfer case temp. I think it's overfilled but it's due an oil change now. Trans ran 160, Axles chunks and hubs 125 to 130 and engine block of 195. Guess who just got an infrared thermometer. Not bad, averaged 50 mph, traveled 180 miles and used just over 1/4 tank of "Multifuel". Steve6X6X6 tagged along with Riddle and myself. At first I was wondering how an A3 was keeping pace without scattering a Cat all over the road. We stopped to eat and I realized he has a bobbed A3 with 14R20's on it. That eliminates the need for overdrive! We left him at Exit 122 on I-75. Hope everyone has a safe trip.

3dAngus

About all I can say is 'WOW"! What a fantastic event! This may have just been the coolest MV event ever. Lessons learned,
Never volunteer to boil peanuts without checking out all your cooking gear first.
Never volunteer to turn up the music when someone says, "I can't hear it".
Wear proper feet attire.
Bring a dust magnet.
And never eat a cherry and give Doghead a kiss.

walkerhunter

Home< very muddy had a great time trail riding and talking to wonderful people, gonna need people who wana sleep early on Sat night to camp far from main campfire next year. Here in Ga if you have a bonfire and trucks and booze there is gonna be a party. Or we need a designated, oh let me see how it was put// I think it was he[[ razing rough cuts a place to be safe hang out and not cause problems with other Older SS members or people who need to sleep. NONE of us intended or wanted tension! But overall had an absolute ball thanks to all who make this possible

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
CAMO main body rolled thru the Compound gate at 15:04hrs, no problems encountered:)

Special thanks to Clinto for being the "Grand Master" and organizing the Rally.
I think Clinto needs to be promoted to "Imperial Grand Master" after his performance of duty this year!:beer:
I'll post the rest in the AAR Thread I guess.

Westech

CPL
Home< very muddy had a great time trail riding and talking to wonderful people, gonna need people who wana sleep early on Sat night to camp far from main campfire next year.

Looks like we got another Gilbert on our hands.
Dude.... The GA rally is not a drunk party fest. Clinto has busted his rear to make it a family event. Did you see all the little kids and dogs running around? I was up till 0530 a few days and no one had to yell at me for being a fool.
If you want a drunk fest and act like a tart then do it at your own house, or just be respectful of others. Something you may need some schooling on by the looks of things.

wilfreeman

Just got home and unloaded - washing the Jeep will come in the next few days. Great rally guys! Extra special thanks goes out to Clinto for organizing again! I am glad I got to put faces with all of the names, and getting to see some of you again. Thanks to Mike for the chow AND the cherries for Jordan (and Dan)! I appreciate Popop and Bob being such good campsite neighbors. Also, thanks to Squirttruck and Dumptruck for being the trailboss(es) for the rally.

I am currently getting the videos off the camera now - will have them up on You tube soon - will post the links in the multimedia thread when I do.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok folks, I just walked in the door.

On one hand, we are happy to be home. Brian promptly fell asleep in the foyer, even he was tuckered out!

I am going to go ahead and close this thread since it's the info thread. Any firther discussion of the rally can go in he multimedia thread (here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/96264-official-2012-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html).

Remember, the multimedia thread is just for all the fun and pictures and videos. More serious discussion of what worked well, what didn't, general advice and whatnot should be saved for the After Action Report thread, which I will put up within a week or so.

Thanks folks.

CAMO main body rolled thru the Compound gate at 15:04hrs, no problems encountered:)

Special thanks to Clinto for being the "Grand Master" and organizing the Rally.
I think Clinto needs to be promoted to "Imperial Grand Master" after his performance of duty this year!:beer:
I'll post the rest in the AAR Thread I guess.

More flattering words have probably never been typed on the internet. :beer:

Makincold

Makincold and Soldier-B made it home safe, 60MPH in the M818, great weekend! Learned a lot about my truck and its abilities, special thanks to Squirttruck as usual for expert winch advice.
Videos and pics in the multimedia thread to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks