• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thinking, wonder if we can brew up a shower system at one of the rv spots. Has water and 30A of juice.
I don't see why we couldn't do this. Somebody needs to touch base with BlythewoodJoe, he's an expert on stuff like this.

Also, do not forget what I said in post #155 about D-town's new showers.

Clinto what about the ones who are comming early is D aware of this will there be a problem?

Is cell phone coverage better? Love the wii fii.
No issues with early arrivals. Just make sure to pay the primitive camping fee since the D-town employees won't have their desk set up yet.

Cell coverage still the same, but obviously with a good internet signal, VOIP is possible.

Great job on this Clint.

Just one question...is Mike gonna remove that deralict truck shown in the last photo before we show up. I mean come on.....
That's really hurtful man. That Dodge served it's Country proudly for 20+ years at Yellowstone in the employ for the National Parks Service!

Good Mule hauler too.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I can see some advance recon be some groups who may want to secure a perimeter for a AFOB

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
VOIP is voice over internet protocol. It allows phones to make calls using an internet signal vs. the standard cellular signal. So if you have an internet connection but no cell signal, you can make a call.

Also works well in avoiding roaming charges and long distance charges.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Thinking, wonder if we can brew up a shower system at one of the rv spots. Has water and 30A of juice.
I have a mulit-fuel water heater and pump set up from a field shower unit that I will bring if someone wants to do the fab. It's brand new in the box and I have the manual on it. We will need a tent or some other privacy structure . There are some people that should never be seen naked.:shock::shock:

Blythewoodjoe

I smelled trouble when I noticed there had been about 30 post today. This definitly changes things, but that's OK. I will call in the morning and move my "rv" spots to the new area.

If it is OK I would like to set up some kind of hot showers and so forth at the new field. We have electricity and water, that's all we need. We need to find out if they will let us run shower water out on the ground. If not we will need to catch it and transport it to a dump area. We would need to find out if they will have a dump area too.

We went down to Mississippi to help clean up after Kartina and I set up a GP small on the front lawn of the Chaple we were camping at with showers in the tent. I think I hung up three heads and canvas between them. Run a cold hose into the tent. It turned out the water was warm from some mishap in the building. I think it was divine intervention. Anyway when we left Sunday afternoon I folded the tent up and left it on the road side to be hauled off. It's nice to have a pile of surplus stuff.

I think the power and water will be a great asset. The distance from the lodge will stink but I know I don't mind hauling people. In fact, why don't we plan on having a shutle run every hour on the hour Friday and Saturday from the lodge area. I might bring my new tug and put a few seats on the hood. I think after a few days of brain storming we will find many improvements in the location. And remember, I'm the negative guy in the group.

Joe

Blythewoodjoe

Might I make one more suggestion to ease the discomfort of the change. I think if we can round up enough stuff to have a "break" area (that's all I could of to call it) where attendees can sit down, hang out and socialize, it might eliminate the need to go back to the cabins and so forth to relax. I have a couple of tables and chairs I can bring. It looks like there is plenty of shade in the area but we could still set up a few tents or tarps too. Just an idea and maybe even a bad one.

I attended the MVPA convention in 2006 and we stayed at the hotel the convention was in. That was nice. Most of the time I have went to the Aberdeen rally I stayed in Hotels down the road. I find it best to have a "hang out" at a rally when you have to stay farther than walking distance. Since we have power maybe one of us can bring a freezer and "sell" cold drinks and so forth at the rally site. Again, just an idea and maybe a bad one.

I'm willing to come down mid week and help set up stuff in the area. I'm only 2.5 hours away so a couple of trips is not a big deal. Also I don't drink so I will be a good taxi driver. No calls after mid-night

PS. I have a freezer in my garage we don't use. Can Kenny be trusted to watch over ice cream sandwiches?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think if we can round up enough stuff to have a "break" area (that's all I could of to call it) where attendees can sit down, hang out and socialize, it might eliminate the need to go back to the cabins and so forth to relax
The Mess Tent will be available except during meals. If Streamline loans us another tent to go with the one we bought from him last year it would be a pretty big covered area.

If someone has some deuce or 5ton cargo covers or some other flat tarps we could sure use them for ground covers inside the tent.........it makes it a lot easier to clean up after meals.

I will be bringing two folding tables and 5 metal folding chairs....if anyone else can bring some we can have a nice sit down eating area.

Last edited:

michigandon

WOW! That's shocking. I appreciate all you've done Clinto, as do others and don't feel any of this is of your doing. What I'm seeing is a little over 1/2 mile from the old site, if you started at the site itself, and away from EVERYthing, including showers and cabins.

I think I'll just leave the wifey at home on this one, cancel the cabin, save $300 on the two nights, come early, camp out, get crazy, and have a blast. Now I'l,l have more beer money.
:ditto:

I was hoping to have myself a hooch put together in time for the '13 rally, but methinks that ther might just be a "cram session" in my immediate future.

Like another poster said, adapt and overcome!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a surplus Icee machine? LOL. Joe, please don't put the freezer near me, my wiastline (or lack thereof) won't forgive you. All of these are great ideas but if we are going to try to pull them off, we need to delegate some of the responsibility. We know Joe is very handy but I'd hate like heck for him to have to load/unload all of this stuff while others just wander around aimlessly. Joe, if you want to pull off the shower deal and Mr McCommons approves, I think that is all that you should do. Lets see if anyone else wants to bring a freezer. It's a great rally because folks step up. We need more to step up. The help is getting really good at the MKT but I'd like to see Mike and Richard get a break. I think the cold cut lunches planned will help that a bunch. I just hate to see too many people tied to a single task or multiple tasks the entire weekend.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe the new showers are not far away. C, get on the horn and get an answer...

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like everything is far away. But, looking at the pictures and video I think this will probably be better than the old site. Specially if there is no horse poo.

Good job on getting things scoped out Clinto. [thumbzup]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks