• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I plan on being there on sun. I have to sneek away monday morn for a few hours but after that i should be there somewair. Look for the jeep and i will pry be somewair close to it.

3dAngus

I wonder if anyone is going to volunteer to do any 2012 SSGR Tshirts this year.

Whomever does could proba ly learn something about quality from that Tee guru who did them last year.

I'm not sure I can wear that one out. Not sure who he was but I think he had a possum lurking in a trailer of his.

SMOKEWAGON66

So, I dropped my leave form last week, and was approved. However, looking at my current fiscal situation, Im leaning toward taking 4 more days of leave, and driving to GA. My car gets like 42 highway, and roughly estimating, it would only run around 200 bucks each way. And if I bring a friend, it will be cheaper. Also, I dont have a tent or anything (could borrow one I guess) but I do have a cot and MIL-SPEC sleeping bag, Im wondering if I could just get in where I fit in....Im not really wanting to park my car at the rally either, to save space for qualified MV's and all..so there is that. Anyone need a driver for shuttling? Hit me up, Id be glad to help out.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
SW, If you have a problem finding a place to flop, that is YOUR fault, believe me there will be enough places for you guys to flop

3dAngus

In 2010 someone was kind enough to set up a community tent.
Not sure who or if it will be done again but I am sure that you may very well be the record holder for driving distance and as such will be well taken care of. Heck, if nothing else Ill make a second trip and drive a M1101 trailer up there for ya to camp in stocked with a cot and foam pad and extra blanket and pillow.
Just get there and let me k ow how I can help.

SMOKEWAGON66

SW, If you have a problem finding a place to flop, that is YOUR fault, believe me there will be enough places for you guys to flop
...I know that lol...I have no doubt Ill find a place to dig in, I was just saying, as of right now I do not. I want to go so bad that if it were tomorrow, I would just show up with nothing, and dig a hole to sleep in. Still a ways off, so I have time to plan it all out, and save my pennies...Im not worried.

RIDDLE1

Let me know and I will bring a tent and air mattress for you. I'm not going to be using them. I won't be there until Thurs though. Just give me the word and they will be there.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am working on some additional tentage. Bobby at Streamline has always treated us right and I've pm'd him, awaiting his response.

Anyone who has a good GP medium or large who wants to bring it will definitely have assistance in putting it up and taking it down.

Whomever does could proba ly learn something about quality from that Tee guru who did them last year.

I'm not sure I can wear that one out. Not sure who he was but I think he had a possum lurking in a trailer of his.
Wreckerman has volunteered to put his excellent skills to use on the 12SSGr shirts as the praise was near universal for the 2011 design. He volunteered months ago and I let him have it. If someone wants to do 2013, let me know and we'll kill wreckerman.

So, I dropped my leave form last week, and was approved. However, looking at my current fiscal situation, Im leaning toward taking 4 more days of leave, and driving to GA. My car gets like 42 highway, and roughly estimating, it would only run around 200 bucks each way. And if I bring a friend, it will be cheaper. Also, I dont have a tent or anything (could borrow one I guess) but I do have a cot and MIL-SPEC sleeping bag, Im wondering if I could just get in where I fit in....Im not really wanting to park my car at the rally either, to save space for qualified MV's and all..so there is that. Anyone need a driver for shuttling? Hit me up, Id be glad to help out.
If you come out here all the way from the left coast, I'll make sure you've got a tent, cot, sleeping bag, etc.

You'll fit in anywhere, you're an SS'r. So don't sweat that.

And there's plenty of parking for your ride, off to the side.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, I was watching the videos you took of the new area, particularly the area with all the trees. I might bring a chainsaw. :)

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
O wow I got caught with my Pants down! I cant believe it! here it is! Wow its here! 2012 GA RAlly!

This is the ONLY time of the year me and my family look forward to anymore! Great Fun Great Friends...OK Food....lol GREAT FOOD!

Im glad I didn't miss anymore days before I realized this thread was up don't now if I could have found my way to the end!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least one year in the past I've brought a GP Med and set it up in the field. I no longer have one and getting one out of the FL Rally site might be work I don't have time to do.

I did get a CP Tent from Bobby. I'll set it up at the entrance but I won't be lodging in it so Smoke, if you need it, I've got it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Zout, you will be at the site before we get there. Can you coordinate with Clinto and the advance party and get an out of the way area for "The Wild Bunch"(CAMO)???:shock::shock::oops:
Like you even have to ask.

Zout and I covered this ground several days ago. We got it handled. :D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
As Brother Clinto said I have the T-shirt concession again this year.

My big mistake last year was not having enough shirts for the fa........errrrrr.......not enough "plus size" shirts. That will not happen this year.

Last year I ordered 250 shirts and eventually sold all of them. This year I may do 300 since mail order accounted for about 1/3 of my sales. The shirts went as far as Austraila.:shock:

Thanks for all the support we got last year.

I'm looking forward to coming up with a different design but using the same quality American made shirts.

The shirts will be the same colors (tan for short sleeve and white for long), there will be long and short sleve and they will have pockets.

Clinto will prob start a thread about the shirts.......I will take suggestions as to what type of vehicle to have on the back. Last year was a 800 series 5 ton.

My goal is to work with the vendor and have the design ready and the shirts done by the end of Sept.

I would like to do a more modern vehicle like a M915 or maybe a HEMMET but if old school rules out I'll stick to a standard.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.