• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Richard,

There's plenty of room around where the MKT will be setup, both your entire motor pool and mine will fit without crowding (mine is five trucks and trailers, but I was not planning on bringing everything).

To get an idea of relative sizes and distances I looked at the site on Google Earth. The difference between the two corners on Randolph Church Road is .000889, .001028, while the seven tenths of a mile change is .004947, .010419. My guestimate based on that is the field runs at least 400 feet, maybe 500 on Randolph Church Rd and is at least 200 Yards deep

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
The first aid box is stocked and ready to go with every first aid item we may need for the rally. Will also have my 2 medic bags in the jeep! This box will be at the first aid tent at all times! it is labled so finding what you need should be easy if i am not there! Every one have a safe rally look forward to seeing every one. There is also a quick refrence book in th top of the box. Its the same one we use at the fire dept. the cat scan laying on top will not be comming!

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The first aid box is stocked and ready to go with every first aid item we may need for the rally. Will also have my 2 medic bags in the jeep! This box will be at the first aid tent at all times! it is labled so finding what you need should be easy if i am not there! Every one have a safe rally look forward to seeing every one. There is also a quick refrence book in th top of the box. Its the same one we use at the fire dept. the cat scan laying on top will not be comming!

Tigger you should bring the "Cat Scan".

If anything bad happens, he can do the catscan and BabyBear can do the "Lab Work"!!

Attachments

walkerhunter

Lord willin I will be coming down on Fri mornin, I will be drivin the bobber down from Walton Co and I can help however directed. I will be bringing a good load of wood lord willin

I should be able to bring a stack or two of wood pallets for firewood (assuming that the warehouse guys at work remember that I want them). Not the best thing for keeping a fire going but they work really good to get one going.

TMNT

I'm planning on bringing some poplar wood and some oak. I've got plenty of each here. I need to get the oak split though so it can dry out. Dang it is too hot to swing a splitting maul!

If the weather doesn't cool off, we won't have much use for fire wood.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Don't worry about spliten and dryen, the fire will be hot enough to dry the lake

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should be able to bring a stack or two of wood pallets for firewood (assuming that the warehouse guys at work remember that I want them). Not the best thing for keeping a fire going but they work really good to get one going.
Yes, pallets are plenty of fun to burn. Bring them on.

sandcobra164

I'm ready. I'm just waiting on PB to send me the Op Order so I can turn in a leave slip at work. I will once again be requesting CUCV space on the Landoll to accommodate my tent and stuff. If someone from SW GA around Albany / Leesburg area would like to drive a M35A2 in good shape and pull the M105 that goes with it, PM me and let me know. It'll be full of fuel for the trip up, you're on the hook to make sure enough is in it for the trip back. I'd like to meet you in person beforehand.

phil2968

You know that several of us will be at the rally site starting the weekend before. Just wondering if there was a way we could get some of the vehicles to rally early. The sticking point would be getting them home! I need to be at work Monday after the rally.
I would be available to drive a truck to the rally provided transportation to the truck from the rally site could be arranged. I can't speak for anyone else but I would help if asked.
A road trip at someone else's expense is always cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks