• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Think that 814 would have been sold it was a PIA just watchin him climb in it besides even getting to the point he was goijng to move it :doghead:

Then it became even more painful.
EH - think about trading that BASOB for a 37 - something you can steer ???

Nice pic TIgger - way to go - did you show them pics of you last buried up to your eyeballs at the rally in it - did not look so PRETTY and sissified then - hahaha

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only if your going.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Is it OK to say I have a command post tent in great shape for 375 delivered to the rally.
Since you didn't post this in the GA Rally Buy/Sell/Trade thread and someone else is transporting to the rally, you only get to charge half price...:roll:
It's a rule.

That's $98.56 in GA Rally money.

Attachments

One of my tailgate buddies has a 40' or 45' retractable fiberglass pole that we use to hoist flags with at tailgates. It was actually a lineman's "hot stick". At this weekend's tailgate I will ask if I can borrow it.

I also have a pretty loud PA system (4 PA's, 4 stereo speakers, & 2 subwoofers) on my truck and it works great with the aux in, CD, or radio. Unfortunately, I am still working out feedback bugs that occur when speaking through the CB mic in PA mode. Basically it would work great "as is" for music but if someone wants to talk through it then I have some bugs to work out. However, I think I can fix the feedback; I just haven't had a chance to test what I have in mind.
My buddy with the flag pole said that I could borrow it for the rally.

Blythewoodjoe

OK, a couple of things.

First off, I will bring a bunch of 4" sewer pipe and several "y"s. I can join all this together and the kitchen stuff can be dropped into the line and run out in the woods. We can set a real wash station above it too and have a place for anybody to wash up with real water. If anybody in the kitchen crew wants me to bring any other plumbing fittings, give me a list and I'll see what I can do.

Second, I have B7 reserved and I am wondering where it is on the field. Could one of you that has been there draw a crude map of the area with the RV spots layed out on it. What I really wanted was a spot on the end so I could set my stuff up in my spot and put my lights and the kitchen tent us next to me in the open. If that can't be done, then I would like for try and run power from my spot behind the kitchen trailer to a spot with the lights and tent.

Next, it looks like a 4 prong 230 volt plug in that picture ZOUT posted. If that is the case I plan to bring my QUIET electric welder. I also will be tight on room for my gas powered one. I really want to make sure I can do a little welding so if I can't confirm the 230 volt plug, I will bring both. Speddmon has offered his welder too but I always assume surplus equipment is subject to not make it. So a back up plan is always good. If anyone out there is familiar with the plug pictured and can say with some confindence it is a 230 volt plug, I will just bring my electric welder and Speddmon will be by backup. Also if anybody needs anything welded, I will be happy to do it. I am a pipe welder so all I do is stick and usually 1/4" thick or thicker. Don't bring a fender over, it will have a bigger hole in it after I zap it.

One more note, I have scaled back my operation and I plan to drive my M813 with a trailer and old project vehicle with a gas golf cart on the back of the old vehicle. I will not have anything else to drive and I don't plan to take the RV (M813) on the trail. It will be full of my camping stuff with a very large canvas on the back (I have the top 8" higher because of the ISO sides, more head room). If I decide to check out the trails, can you drive a golf cart on the jeep trails we are using? I dout I will but if it's an option, I'm dumb enough. I plan to leave Blythewood Thursday morning and after several stops to fix things I should be there before lunch. 25 days and counting.

Joe

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If I can get a commitment that there will be two wreckers there FOR SURE- then I will bring my m543 and the new bed and do the swap there.
I got the trans in the 62 today, still need to hook everything else up, my gear cover is here, going to source seals tomorrow, starting to look like BOTH the m62 and the 819 will show up, just everything seem to take time (a lot), we will not know for sure till about this weekend, that is cutting it close and that is if MURPHY stays away.

How much does the bed weigh, ONE wrecker ought to be able to do the lift.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of bed are you lifting that may require 2 wreckers? Good grief, my M108 crane bed only weighs 8000#

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A m543A2 weighs 35klbs give or take, a M54A2 weighs 19klbs give or take. There is the frame doubler, and the beam in the springpack, but otherwise the other 16klbs is mostly bed. I was under the assumption a wrecker's 20k capacity was directly off the side of the truck, not with the boom all the way our and less than fully up.

Status
Not open for further replies.