• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dAngus

Last year, they had adapters at the office. Call them and see if they still rent them out for free (with deposit, of course).

CycleJay

Yes,

I have a job, but my manager called me yesterday and told me to take today off,
because business would be slow, so I told him okay, and call me if he needed me.

2cents

Westech

CPL
I work while you sleep... and you work while I work.... and I still work... but find a few hours a day to play and keep my sanity. HAHAHAHAHAHAH sanity..Not around them parts here.:nothingfunny:

Blythewoodjoe

I just checked my gas welder and the gen. recepticle on it is the same at the RV plug. So I have everything I need. My electric welder has a standard 3 prong 50 amp plug. I have an adapter I made for it. I'll just have to convince someone near me to let me plug up.

Looking forward to the rally but I am stressed. Lots of work to do to my truck and other projects and only about 3 weeks to go. I need to change my oil but with a 5 ton, that's $100. Well, let me get back to work (the job thing) roflrofl

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could strip all I could strip off the wrecker- single out the rear, cut all the tool boxes and stuff off the bed, take the spare off, fuel tanks, rear winch cable etc
Ya know, you do have a friend that will have most of a 20' bed empty, and for a few words of asking and other considerations, just might let you fill up the bed of said truck full of scrap metal for transportation from Durhamtown to a location of your choosing. Of course, you will have to ask nicely.:tinkerbell::mrgreen:

I just might help ya also.............If ya ask nicely.......

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent the day getting ready to work on the M814 and the 105 trl. Greased the pivot for the landing gear, and cleaned out all the yard debris that the trl picked up. Then turned to the 814, greasing the pintle, and Kroiling(made up word) the lock latch. Laid out airhose and power cords for tomorrows work, and added more items to my list to bring for the rally. Only 19 days out for me.........

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait a second here. Does the 543 bed have outriggers?. If so get some cribbing and commence to cranking. Once its up, dump the tire pressure and drive out. Could have it off in an afternoon.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rear 5-6' of the 543 bed will be traveling to NY after it and it's winch is removed.

The rear winch and hydraulics associated with the winch(from the 936 bed) will be traveling to NY also.

At least, that is part of the plan.

The rear seat folds down in my Cavalier, it should all fit.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If we are going to run a greywater line from the MKT to the outer fringes of the FOB we need to find out if Durhamtown has something we can dig a ditch with.

I have a single plow that hooks on a three point hitch that will cut a ditch if we have the prime mover to hook it to. I'll toss a shovel or two into the van to square the ditch and for fine work.

Just let me know if I need to bring the plow.

sandcobra164

Ok, I'm back in the game. I thought I was sidelined earlier today as my wife backed into something and damaged the bumper cover on her SUV. Turns out the plastic can be pushed back out and save for a few scratches, it looks fine. I was extremely angry just a few hours ago thinking my very limited play money would be spoken for by the body shop. Whew, that was close. Also, I should be able to make it by PB's place so that I can drive one of his vehicles up. I still plan to bring the CUCV so that I can take the Wife and kid's trail riding.

poppop

I have a Friend in the tractor club with a military Jeep with a three point on the back. Maybe he would like to come to the Rally.:p

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd lift it off with the outriggers but then they don't work! also how do I get the new bed off and down from the trailer, and onto the truck?
My thought was to lift off the bed at your AO and leave it there. How are you loading the M936 bed onto the trailer? Since the outriggers do not work, it's a moot point anyways.

Eric, are you turning the back of your M819 into a recovery platform?

Speaking of hauling in cars, tomorrow Panzerwillie and I will be meeting up so that I can get the 700R4 and 241 transfer case. Guess what car is hauling it? My company car of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks