• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMGeneral

Well Folks,Adam(Ferro) left here about 11:30 PM headed south with a somewhat complete wrecker kit(some assembly required) on board the M270.

We had a few complications loading the wrecker bed after dark,all of which were overcome with some creative M62A1 wrecker use,( I think that multi wrecker was scared of the Mack,cause it jumped right on there afterwards.)

I'm glad ya'll have 3 wreckers on hand,they'll be busy next to the M270 all week and into the weekend.

pgwaldner

power

I have RV space #1 reserved and will arrive late on Thursday. Will probably have the generator with me also and an inverter.

I have a lil' Honda gen (EM1600X) if you really need it, I'll make room in the truck and bring it on Thursday. I'm using a lil' 12v to 110 converter. I have a big 24V / 2,000W OutBack listed in the Rally parts thread for sale. (shameless plug):D
A RANGE?!!!! DT's site only mentioned a sport'n clays rage.
Anyone that gets there early, can you post some pics of the AO? I'm tent'n and never been there and would like to see the tent area. Thanks!
Solution!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha, I'm southbound on I95. Have 2 more 15 hour days of work before I can even start loading. Rats!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Wreckerman and Mike we got the spot for the mkt covered! the dog's layed land mines all around it to keep out intruders!:jumpin:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Adam just arrived, I had to jump into the jeep and chase him down because he missed the drive in the dark. I think the red lights got his Attn. :grd:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a wonderful morning here at FOB "Nuthouse". THe stars are still out, the temp is about perfect, and the quiet is deafening. It's a shame that only 7 people are here to enjoy it.

Should you becoming from Ga 22, we are .6 miles from the main lodge. Go slow, and look for the Racetrack signs. Also, Ron's wrecker is near the road, with the American flag flying....

Ferro and Tinkerbell has arrived safely at 0659. Thank God for watching over the fool.........:mrgreen::jumpin::cookoo:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made it to BAF... what a **** hole. At least its cool in the tent.
For those who can't operate google!

BAF may refer to:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a wonderful morning here at FOB "Nuthouse". THe stars are still out, the temp is about perfect, and the quiet is deafening. It's a shame that only 7 people are here to enjoy it.

Should you becoming from Ga 22, we are .6 miles from the main lodge. Go slow, and look for the Racetrack signs. Also, Ron's wrecker is near the road, with the American flag flying....

Ferro and Tinkerbell has arrived safely at 0659. Thank God for watching over the fool.........:mrgreen::jumpin::cookoo:
Dangit John! This sucks! It does remind me of fond times though. A group of core friends and myself (2 of which will be at this rally) used to attend an event in the outskirts of Cincinnati. We would arrive the Sunday before the event. What a blast to just sit, get your campsite organized and watch the crowd roll in. Man, wish I were already in place.

BTW, looks like the grass is a little tall. Think I'll tote my weed eater.

Temps about perfect? What temps are these? Here its in the low 80's and humidity higher than that.....nasty!

Last edited:

Whiterabbit

Tall grass? I thought someone was bringing a goat? :cookoo:
Westech, Safe traveling! Don't die of boredom in the "Bag"! And don't look out the side windows of the aircraft,seeing those green tracers going by will ruin the fun flight. LOL! Safe trip!

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Humidity is nice- little high in the mornings, but dropping to the 50% mark or lower during the day. Chance of rain is slim to none-38% on Monday, low teens the rest of the week.:cookoo:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And, at this rally, and only this rally, we now have 4, yes count them, 4 wreckers. While one of them is still in kit form, it is still a wrecker.........

zout

Yes indeed - now that we have how small this rally is supposidly becomming pretty well covered.

Coffee just hit the table - fresh brewed - Tigger getting his Hot Chocolate - Tinkerbell is much bigger - MD's DEUCE is huge as a pony this year - glad to see the little 4 footed arrivals getting here as well.

We got the road posters hung up for Clinto yesterday - I got PB totallyPO'd at me last night and preparing for a major arse whooping when he FINALLY arrives - called him on the cell here and passed the phone around the circle just to rub it in - I think he hung up on the second person.

Mike & WM - have you totally covered for full area you need and think you have set aside for your set up - it is a very nice area BTW you picked out previously - but its open for you SIR.

To get on wifi here - password for you folks is DIRTBIKER (lowercase) great coverage.

trying to download a program to get the pics off my cell.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the rain stays away today, and Frankenstein starts, I can get started LOADING and prepping for the trip. Still planning on leaving the LZ at zero-dark-thirty on Thursday. :driver:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks