• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't you worry about my tailgate. :oops:

Just watch your fuel gauge on the drive down!:doghead:

zout

Some punk little 5 year old come over with their parents and heard me talking = (bitching) I could not get the camera software loaded on Debs laptop - this little Smart A** 5 yrs old looks at me and sayd hey ole man - even I know how to do THAT - well yeah ya littel punk - do it - then move on. I feel better now - the little creep knew more than me - which is not hard.

Here are some pics fella to ease ya al pain but to ADD some suffering

Attachments

zout

Couple more to wet your whistle - someone still looking at the inside their eyelids - PHIL is here - got in about 1/2 hour ago and was the sole person responsible for me not to beat up that little 5 yr old smart a** kid.

All is well in the camping area once again - if you wanna see a pic of something ask away

Attachments

zout

Those are NOT pork butts - we got ourselves a snake and them are the side Fillets out of the tenderloins of it - we fed the rest to the dogs.

IN between bbqing them -we are snake hunting. - Besides taking pics for most of you

TMNT

Got most everything loaded except for firearms, ammo and food. All fluids checked and topped up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349629295.417716.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349629314.296552.jpg

Hoping to roll out about 05:00 Wedneday. Should be rolling in about 09:00 with a breakfast stop figured in.

Can't wait!

Man, you guys are killing me. :drool::drool::drool::drool: Months ago I should have just requested this whole week off because I am now sure that I won't be productive this week with my mind focused on the rally. aua :carnac:

So glad that those who have arrived have done so safely.

I can't wait to finally put some faces to these names.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, you guys are killing me. :drool::drool::drool::drool: Months ago I should have just requested this whole week off because I am now sure that I won't be productive this week with my mind focused on the rally. aua :carnac:

So glad that those who have arrived have done so safely.

I can't wait to finally put some faces to these names.
Feeling the same way, sitting here in the car typing instead of working.
One of my boys has a football game Tuesday evening then I'm blowing this place. Need to stock up on Redbull and energy shots, don't want to stop till I get there.

Too bad Ray Charles didn't sing "Georgia Rally On My Mind", because that is the only place my head is at. Oh well, his version is still pretty good.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thls_tMuFkc[/media]

3dAngus

Good Grief!!! It ain't even Tuesday yet and Zout is telling them ole lies already. :beer:

That does it.

I'm not waiting until Thursday. Heck, I might even come on Tuesday. Nothing like sitting around a campfire and telling a few lies every now and then. It's the next best thing to fishing. Besides, as I'm a virgin to cherries, I might just get lucky. :shock:

Picture request? Heck ya......

Take us a picture of all those naked women running around there...
:3dAngus:

3dAngus

Duplicate entry. Ignore.

Oh, lets try this. I might come in with a 16 foot flat bed loaded with tires I need to drop off and go back home and get another trailer. Is there anyone there who can tell me where to park this thing in the "vendor area". Not sure if it's marked or not. I'll be making several trips. Gotta go back and get my M1101 to camp in. ( and a deuce, and another M105) Then Joyce will be bringing up a trailer full of dehumidifiers on Friday morning for me.

Last edited:

Jimma

Yeah, if I had known you were going to make this rally a week long event I would have made longer cabin reservations and different plans. Hope to be there on Thursday by 10 AM. I just went out and hit the majority of the accessible grease fittings on the deuce, filtered a bunch of WVO and got the m105 trailer out and ready for the trip. I gotta go out now and load a bunch of tires and wheels for Tigger.

Jimma

I'm bringing 8 - 9x20's on the wheels. All hold air and are drivable. Not perfect but better than a flat and they were being driving on until I bought a truck that had brand new tires. I'm practically giving them away to get them out of my shed. $80 for all of them. I just want them gone., the wheels are worth way more than that!!!!!

zout

I did mention food on the grille didn't I ??

Just sitting here watching Phils engine can get unloaded - more pics of BBQ - more unlifting stuff - more food and watch Phil get snuggled in - wow - its a wonder a person couild life through all this.

Gimp - I take it this engine can thing is yourrs ? we took the engine out and packed it full of them illegals we saw standing in front of the Ace Hardware store down in Union Point - owners are happy to see them begger gone. I think Phil has an engine to sell yet ?? Lots and lots of banging comeing from in side that can - But I think here in the sun in an hour or so it will be calming down.

Attachments

sandcobra164

Well, after reading all of the last minute things to go wrong, I considered myself lucky until today. Murphy has struck my motorpool. I took the Deuce for a trip to the gas station this morning, drove home and began my more extensive PMCS. All fluids were good but I had a light clear oily substance on the airpack skidplate. I pushed back the boot on the master cylinder and low and behold, liquid gold. My M/C is leaking but fortunately enough for me, I had a new one in the shed and am in the process of installing it along with a new air pack. If anyone would like me to bring the old parts, let me know, I'll bag them up. The air pack is the older long model and worked decent so long as you kept it oiled. Free to good home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.