• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout, MB wants to see a pic of EXACTLY where her CAMO Command Post will be loggered in??
(No, she dosen't wanna see a pic of a swamp, mud puddle, alligator infested lake etc.).:beer:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's time for people to start paying attention to Mike's (SCSG-G4) posts....he needs a driver or there will be no or limited food at the rally!!!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't help with trucks but I don't mind if we have chili-mac for every meal. Matter of factly, I would enjoy it.

Mike, how many hours between your place and Durhamtown (in a deuce)?

Edit, research shows about 140 miles or just under 3 hours. Is there anyone in the area with some time to spare lend a hand? No one puts more work into this rally than Mike.

Last edited:

dangerfieldinc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Parker, I have the trailer cable and the ladder loaded in the M36. Still don't know how I'm getting both trucks to the rally.
Me and my Father are headded to the rally location on this Tue when are you planning on heading down we will be leaving from Beaufort no to far out of the way to help with equipment give me a call 843-263-5664 Jason

Sent him a pm

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This morning, I got my tow bar and all of the grease packed up in the truck. I didn't think I was gonna have room for the grease and my camping gear along with 2 spare tires, but I think it will all fit pretty well. I'll be stacked to the ceiling, but it should fit. Tomorrow, I'm gonna load the tent, spares and tools. Then all that is left to do is my personal stuff on Tuesday and pull out Tuesday night after work. Should arrive sometime Wednesday Afternoon.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have plenty of wreckers and no work-- I am sure we can get the M66 gunring lifted into place

zout

Clinto request those who were here early to assist in guiding folks to assigned areas such as vendors - show etc etc etc - everyone else just knows where to go.

As instructed per MB request - and also to show PCTrans - there is space 9 down to 12 - 11 is CAMO PB - big huge nearly flat area.

Main big bonfire that has not been fired up yet and from us in that corner is about 50 ft out and to the rigth - enough to trip over yourself on intake of more than 4 Cherries - I heard vicious rumors about them already being here - I think a DT Medic has seen them for some special attention he gave someone here to assist them on early arrival = seemed he was more than pleasently satisfied for payment.

Adam has the unit with the machinery out in front of us and arranging them for loading on a bed I guess - I have not really paid much attention to all the drama on events and only know pieces enough to get me in trouble - here it is and it is HUGE - be interesting to watch the wreckers do their work.

Party lights are now ON at the 109 - pork butts have been devoured in the honor they deserved after a long day of basking on the pit. I am prejudice so I will not tell you how mouth watering delicious my piece was.

A couple other folks have called me and it sounds they may come a day early - very cool.
Did we mention when the Morgans came in last night - Mahala was under LEO supervision with some cherping of the sirens on the LEO cruiser

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If anyone coming early has a roll of commo wire we need it for the PA system....we left last year's wire hanging at the old spot thinking we would be back there this year.

We need it Tues afternoon if possible since that is my ETA.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Double crap. The weather forcast looks sucky. Thursday is the only day with a high under the 80s. Hot weather sucks. The precip forcast looks good though. I've seen enough rain to last several years.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the "poor" weather a challenge to provide a trail that is................entertaining?

Let me see what I can .... arrange.

Or is it being to "up front" that Dumpster is beinging chains for the M51...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Double crap. The weather forcast looks sucky. Thursday is the only day with a high under the 80s. Hot weather sucks. The precip forcast looks good though. I've seen enough rain to last several years.

They've revised it upward.

The weather gets hotter every year-we're now seeing weather in October that used to be in September.

Once this one is past, I'll look at the weather readings from the last few years and decide if I want to move it closer to November.

3dAngus

Huh? 83 (Fri/Sat) for a high is not bad. Remember, the humidity is way down this time of the year.

The nights will pick it up a bit to upper fifties, which is sooooooo much better than lower fifties.

The weather in Ga. just doesn't get any better than this. During the week, it is still upper 70s for a high, but lower fifties at night. Brrrrrrrrrr.......

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've heard from four people as possible drivers, so it looks like the plan is coming together. Of course, the TRUE cooler does not want to make cool air, but at least the Bev-Air is working to spec. I've contacted WM to bring some large coolers where we can put stuff on ice if need be. We were planning on letting folks put their ice in their cups anyway so the drinks did not get as diluted.

I will put a roll of commo wire in the truck before I go to bed tonight.

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Duplicate entry. Ignore.

Oh, lets try this. I might come in with a 16 foot flat bed loaded with tires I need to drop off and go back home and get another trailer. Is there anyone there who can tell me where to park this thing in the "vendor area". Not sure if it's marked or not. I'll be making several trips. Gotta go back and get my M1101 to camp in. ( and a deuce, and another M105) Then Joyce will be bringing up a trailer full of dehumidifiers on Friday morning for me.

Zout, Tigger, EMD and 73M819 have all been briefed as to the layout of the field.

The vendor area is marked with signage.

Please be respectful of the numbered posts-these are the power/water spots that people have paid for. Make sure to leave them room.

I also need to remind everyone-this is our first year in the new field and it's much different than the old one. The old one was easy-vendors on the left, everything else on the right.

The new one will require more management-don't be surprised if someone ends up in your spot-or you end up in someone elses.

I reserve the right to ask people to move.

Just be patient.

Thanks

Rally master Clinto

3dAngus

I would hate to be the poor fella who unpacked all his stuff, got it all set up, and was told to move.

I just can't think of anything scarier. Hopefully, it's all marked well enough to avoid all that so people are not overly inconvenienced.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would hate to be the poor fella who unpacked all his stuff, got it all set up, and was told to move.

I just can't think of anything scarier. Hopefully, it's all marked well enough to avoid all that so people are not overly inconvenienced.

The difficulty is not in being in or out of the vendor area-it's bring int he wrong spot within the vendor area.

The old field was easy-"you vendors go over there, take however much space you need (within reason)."

But the new field, with paid power/water spots creates a problem. If you have 7 or 8 people rent spaces, but 100 other people (vendors) show up before them, you somehow have to keep the 100 out of the 7-8 spots.

On top of this, there's no way of knowing how much room each vendor needs-I've always tried to make the rally as open ended as possible-if you need a 20'x20' spot, go for it..... 200'x200'? go for it. As long as we had the space, i wasn't going to restrict or limit peoples options.

The new area has plenty of room to continue this-but we have to make sure the people who paid for power/water spots get what they need.

I am sure it will all work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.