• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dAngus

Good and comforting words Clinto. Thanks. Sure makes sense to me. "Stay away from the power and water!" Got it. You might have just saved this old back of mine.

By the way, do you know if there are any spots left with power and water that I can pay for? Not sure how to check on that.

No problem if there is not, but thought it might be nice if there is. Always happy to pay for services and I'll need some water to boil some peanuts.

Last edited:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Angus, you can pull some water from my spot - B10.

Clinto - do you have the approximate size of the camping spots?

sandcobra164

Ok, Deuce is back on for the trip. Brakes are stronger than they ever have been after installing new MC and Air pack. And yes, I do know what the trap door on the driver's side floor of the cab is for :beer: On to checking the rear axle breathers, oil levels and an afternoon with the grease gun!!! I had some help today, look through the pics, we're getting ready.

3D Angus, what you see is what you get concerning the Air Pack. I put the plastic plugs in all the holes and it's safe in my shed. It worked pretty good before removal, the new one works much better so it's safe to say the old one could use some attention before putting it on a truck. It was stuck when I got the truck, some PB Blaster through the J-pipe got it working better but it never seemed "quite right". No leaks though.

Attachments

3dAngus

Pete,
You get a free peanut.

Now I wonder if we can find a way to roast some of these peanuts as well. Two bushels, on top of what the other guys are bringing, is a lot of boiled peanuts. Anyone ever try roasting green peanuts over a fire? I've only done it in a stove before.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto - do you have the approximate size of the camping spots?
For the vendor area?

The paid water/power spots are pretty big, if I had to guess something like 30x40.

The camping area? Much as you want.

3dAngus

WM,

I'm gonna bring you and Mike a half bushel in case you wanna experiment.
And of course, you can have all the boiled ones you care to eat. Just give me time to get em good and hot for ya.

Whiterabbit

Clinto, if I'd known I'd packed a couple rolls of concertina wire to mark off those spots! 'Course you'd spend the rest of the week pick'n women n' kids out'a it! :doh:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right now, 2137 hours, and I am thinking about putting on a jacket. While it might reach the eighties during the day, the humidity is LOW, and the temp falls quickly during the night.

poppop

3dangus, peanuts that are young enough to boil are to young to roast. If you put those in the oven you will get crap. Roasting peanuts are at least 40 days older than boiling peanuts and are dried down to at least 12% moisture. If you roast boiling peanuts you will get a sriveraled up stinking mess. If you guys want to roast peanuts let me know and I will bring some of the proper age for roasting. I brought some roasted several years ago but my friend with the roaster does not do that anymore. Trust this old peanut farmer, you cannot roast boiling peanuts.

Last edited:

Blythewoodjoe

Attention all interested people.
I have space B7 reserved (I think) which is a 30 amp spot. I think it might be next to the kitchen stuff. I plan to bring a old kitchen tent which I would like to set up. I have also made up a cord that will plug into a 50 amp pole and it has 2 - 20 amp 110 volt plugs on the end with a 50 amp 230 volt plug I had planned to connect my welder with. I am not bringing the welder now but the cord can be used if anybody with a 50 amp plug wants to use it for the community. If there is room at the end of the rented spaces I can set up the tent and put one of the power cords in it for people that need power for chargers or what not. The reason I mention that is because I would need to have you guys keep a spot open for that.

I plan to arrive around 4:00 pm on Thursday and set up in my spot. I also don't mind settting up somewhere other that my spot if the kitchen needs the extra space. I just need a place to plug up. Again if you guys will make sure I have room at the end of the rented spaces to set up, the kitchen can use space B7. If there is no room near the power outlets I will be using my space for my "camper".

I sprayed my M886 with a fresh coat of paint today since it was looking pretty ruff. Now I have to pack everything. See you guys Thursday.
Joe

bigugh20

Sounds like perfect weather to hang out around a dis-appropriately sized fire with a tasty beverage.
JP, I've got 2 large bags of M&Ms packed up for you. How are your supplies holding up, I'll bring as much Ice as I can pack, Most likely some eggs and bacon to add to Dave's cooler and whatever else I can think of. If things go as planned I should be there sometime Tuesday evening.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Well, got the camp spot set up, firewood unloaded, items for sale layed out and now ready for bed. I would post pics of some of the goings on, but, I'm still having problems with some security token missing, or some kind of something that admin needs to fix. Patracy, I hope you bring your computer.

Gawd im so jealous i wish i could come yall are gonna be about 6.5 hours away from me and im a little weary of driving my m1008 for that long lol.However it would be a true test for ole clifford:].Im curious as to the back roads i would have to take them and stay off the interstates and when i looked up maps 17 south to 74 and then I95to I20 was shown as a direct route.any better routes to run the m1008 as its still stock 4:56 gears and 285 75 16 tires.:cool:

cant sleep Aye? Me neither. I hope you make it......:driver:

Well the sad thing is im unemployed but at the same time i have the time would love to bring my m1008 but cost looks like it wont happen.though if i had a place to stay and some one would feed me lol. i might would fly down or look in to renting a trailer and truck to tow my m1008 (clifford)deserves to be around his brothers and sisters lol [thumbzup]

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well as they say: , if its meant to be. I also am in the middle of relocating to Florida so I guess Ill missthis one, but once Im settled, WATCH OUT MUDHOLES...;-)

well as they say: , if its meant to be. I also am in the middle of relocating to Florida so I guess Ill missthis one, but once Im settled, WATCH OUT MUDHOLES...;-)

Yeah,it is what is i own 2 m1008's one is road worthy lol.The other well its in the middle of a restoration your right. I havent met anyone off the site but 99.9 percent of everyone on here has been awesome.If i miss this one i sure wont miss next years.:][thumbzup]

Status
Not open for further replies.