• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gawd im so jealous i wish i could come yall are gonna be about 6.5 hours away from me and im a little weary of driving my m1008 for that long lol.However it would be a true test for ole clifford:].Im curious as to the back roads i would have to take them and stay off the interstates and when i looked up maps 17 south to 74 and then I95to I20 was shown as a direct route.any better routes to run the m1008 as its still stock 4:56 gears and 285 75 16 tires.:cool:
I will be headed up Tuesday night. Driving a stock M1008 12 hours. Primitive camping is affordable and one could eat for a weekend for $10-15 dollars if they are creative. Hundreds of ways to fix ramen noodles and koolaid is cheap. Fuel is the big expense and if you can run around 50 to 52 the M1008 sees better mileage.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the weeds get cut? I may have missed the post but it looked like someone needed a bush hog down there.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the sad thing is im unemployed but at the same time i have the time would love to bring my m1008 but cost looks like it wont happen.though if i had a place to stay and some one would feed me lol. i might would fly down or look in to renting a trailer and truck to tow my m1008 (clifford)deserves to be around his brothers and sisters lol [thumbzup]
Drive a civvy veh to Lexington, SC, then drive one of my deuces to the rally. The S-280 will have two cots and I only need one to sleep on. We'll work the food part out too since I'm in charge of the grub!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is another beautiful morning here at FOB "Nuthouse". While the sky is cloudy and the wind is blowing a little bit, it is chilly. Temp is 57º, and with the wind chill, it feels like 53º. However, the chance of rain is low, so it looks like it will be a nice day.

We had some excitement last night. Dave's son, and his 4 grandsons were coming up to spend the night(no school, teacher inservice day). Just outside of Greensboro Ga, he center punched a deer with his jeep cherokkee. Dave, Trigger, went and got the kids, and then went back and got the Jeep. So now, we are in the hunt for a raditor for a 99 jeep cherokkee.

While I am out it- check out the want adds for Ferro. He needs at least dozen bolts to mount the bed to the frame of the M543. Dummy left his supply at home, so we need to help those who can't remember.

Thats about all from FOB "Nuthouse":mrgreen::jumpin::cookoo:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like perfect weather to hang out around a dis-appropriately sized fire with a tasty beverage.
JP, I've got 2 large bags of M&Ms packed up for you. How are your supplies holding up, I'll bring as much Ice as I can pack, Most likely some eggs and bacon to add to Dave's cooler and whatever else I can think of. If things go as planned I should be there sometime Tuesday evening.
Craig, that sounds great. Are you Mike's 2nd driver? If so, we have plenty of space and food for when you get up here.

If not, we still have plenty of space and food...........

wilfreeman

Drive a civvy veh to Lexington, SC, then drive one of my deuces to the rally. The S-280 will have two cots and I only need one to sleep on. We'll work the food part out too since I'm in charge of the grub!
Sounds like a deal to me! If I didn't have to pull the Jeep, I would drive one of them Mike.

Right now, it looks like I will be going down there sometime Wednesday and the wifey and daughter will be coming Friday morning(ish) - or afternoon, or evening!

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
Kenny I am still in BAF. Fly out tomorrow to Dubai then ect ect.... I dont have any Check 6 lights sorry bro I have not seen one sense I did my gator. I am coming back in Jan too. I am keeping a eye out!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, Do we need another weed eater and or push mower? John P, do we? I hate parking in tall grass. When Crusher gets there he can always mow the entire place like Haspin.

:)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny I am still in BAF. Fly out tomorrow to Dubai then ect ect.... I dont have any Check 6 lights sorry bro I have not seen one sense I did my gator. I am coming back in Jan too. I am keeping a eye out!

What time into Cincy?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dunno myself Steve. I'm sure we can appropriate one of DTs Dixie Choppers. The first year he left one parked in the FOB with the key in it. I'm bringing my trimmer for my own greedy needs but will be happy to share it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone bringing a 5 ton M52A2 or M818 on 395/85R20's or larger? I'd much appreciate a ride in one (and would love a drive) with super singles installed.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Grass has been bush hogged but there are a lot of pretty sizable rocks so they didn't cut it very short. Well it sounds like we may be starting to put the wrecker kit together, I need to see how I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.