• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

TOO Wet - TOO Hot - TOO Cold - TOO tall grass - WTH - its a rally in the middle of BFE GA. The grass was cut earlier this week - you chop this grass down any further you will be in dirt and rocks - but eh - go ahead and chop it down some more in your areas - your paying for it.

Is monday morning - have the Jeep torn down and my son is on his way to Bogart Ga to the NAPA store that has one in stock - that has to be at least a 2 hr round trip - Thanks to Tigger letting him borrow his pickup - I gave him instructions to make no further off road hunting trips to get another deer - I went back down the road to see it the deer he hit last nigth was to be found - just like almost every other car/deer hit - deer vanished. YES I was planning on butchering it an have venison at the campsite.

Weather just has to be a blessing to Mike being cooler and having to deal with FOOD items - Glad things are working out for him on the second truck & driver - I just no way to help from here at this time otherwise I would have been in his face and in the second truck.

Eggs and bacon on the grille all done - gotta go eat.

PC - for what its worth - the camping areas over here are huge - you could back in your tractor adn camper and camper in next to each other in your spot and have plenty of room to spare - hope this info helps you out.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The grass is high in places, so if you can bring a weedeater to trim your FOB, you might want to. Our area is already trampled down from the foot traffic, so it's no big deal.:jumpin::jumpin:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, thats great! Looks like I won't need the string trimmer at all. Better off leaving it at home anyways. I could not care less about cold or rain but relief from the heat would be a blessing. The low humidity is probably worth more anyways.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny- There are bare spots of clay, and some spots where the grass is 6" high. Trigger is on short grass with small rocks, and I am in 6" high grass with long clumps of cuts grass.:mrgreen::jumpin::cookoo:

bigugh20

While I am out it- check out the want adds for Ferro. He needs at least dozen bolts to mount the bed to the frame of the M543. Dummy left his supply at home, so we need to help those who can't
Thats about all from FOB "Nuthouse":mrgreen::jumpin::cookoo:

I can get most any fasteners that you need, just give me a list.

bigugh20

Craig, that sounds great. Are you Mike's 2nd driver? If so, we have plenty of space and food for when you get up here.

If not, we still have plenty of space and food...........
I'm more than ready to get on the road. One more night of work and some final preps on my truck, and maybe give it a bath, and I'll be making smoke.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
8-October-2012 update

Hardball Convoy!

After last years issue with the VFW, we decided to take it back to basics with the hardball convoy. The whole idea of the hardball convoy was to let attendees get some awesome pics and video of their rides along with 20+ other military vehicles and to let attendees who aren't participating in the offroad activities have a chance to play with their trucks.

To that end, this year the plan is:

At 10:30am on Saturday, 13-October, we will depart the SSGR AO for Heavy's BBQ, a local BBQ place which is 22 miles away. Squirt Truck and I scouted this in June and checked the route. Lots of hills, curves and straightaways, so the opportunity for good pics will be very good. Only 2 turns between D-town and Heavy's. Very rural, with very little traffic, so our slow moving convoy will not inconvenience anyone.

We anticipate 30 minutes of travel time, then arrive, get parked, order lunch, eat and return to D-town. This years plan allows attendees the opportunity to do both the Hardball Convoy and Saturday trail rides. We anticipate returning to D-town at approximately 12:30.

The menu and prices at Heavy's are as follows:

Rib plate. $10.75
Bbq pork or chicken plate. $9.50
Combination platter. $13.75
Child's plate. $8.75
Bowl of stew. $4.40
Bowl of slaw. $3.10
Half a chicken. $6.00
Bbq sandwich. $3.85
Rib sandwich. $5.00
Chicken sandwich. $3.85
Slice of pie. $2.75
Whole pie. $11.00
Sweet potato,lemon,pecan & coconut
Sweet tea or lemonade $1.85
Can drinks. $1.00

A map of our route can be seen at this link: Durhamtown Plantation Resort to 2155 Sparta Rd SE, Crawfordville, GA 30631 - Google Maps

The restaurant does not have enough interior seating for all of us, but they do have multiple park style benches and tables outside. I am sure a hardy group such as ours can make do. :grin:

Although I am posting all this info, Wreckerman893 will be heading up the convoy. So if he asks you to jump, ask him how high and comply!

I have pictures of Heavy's facility below.

Also, I need volunteer videographers and photographers to go ahead of the group and get set up to record the action. PM me or find me or Wreckerman at the rally.

Attachments

Last edited:
Wow i feel special thank Sir :]

Drive a civvy veh to Lexington, SC, then drive one of my deuces to the rally. The S-280 will have two cots and I only need one to sleep on. We'll work the food part out too since I'm in charge of the grub!

Thanks for the offer G4,i was seriously thinking about it.I really am very greatful for the offer(the shear act of even asking me a stranger to drive one of your personal dueces makes have that much more respect for all of you).Lately i have had alot of dissapointments and honestly my friend you have made my day thank you.As much as i would like to attend its not in the cards.:[

Btw.To all that are attending. I hope each and every one has a safe trip(prayers are always free and they do work) no matter where you are coming from. When you converge on union point ga may the good lord keep all of ya safe.Yall have fun :][thumbzup]

Last edited:

rebelqwes87

Ahhh I am stuck at work till Friday and reading all this is not making it any better. I am extremely jealous of all of y'all that are already there, save some fun for the rest of us! Come Friday afternoon I will be :driver: to Durhamtown!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Clinto,

Thank you for doing the heavy lifting for the Hardball Convoy. I had planned to hit the ground running to make the connections. All I may do now is see if we can get some media coverage for the lunch event and some publicity for Heavy.

To anyone concerned about finances and having funds for grub......NO ONE GOES HUNGRY AT THE GA RALLY!!!!

There is plenty of work to do at the MKT to earn meals. Mike and I are up to our arses in alligators just planning and cooking the meals. We can always use help prepping food and maintaining the dining area. We still have the big tent we had last year and will need assistance putting it up.

If you are sufficiently talented we'll even let you sing for your supper.:mrgreen:

See me or Mike and we'll put you on the Duty Roster.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto,

Thank you for doing the heavy lifting for the Hardball Convoy. I had planned to hit the ground running to make the connections. All I may do now is see if we can get some media coverage for the lunch event and some publicity for Heavy.

To anyone concerned about finances and having funds for grub......NO ONE GOES HUNGRY AT THE GA RALLY!!!!

There is plenty of work to do at the MKT to earn meals. Mike and I are up to our arses in alligators just planning and cooking the meals. We can always use help prepping food and maintaining the dining area. We still have the big tent we had last year and will need assistance putting it up.

If you are sufficiently talented we'll even let you sing for your supper.:mrgreen:

See me or Mike and we'll put you on the Duty Roster.
Wreckerman,

I told clinto earlier about this, but for your FYI:

I'm donating a case of bleach, several cases of hand sanitizer (4oz bottles) and a near full case of spray cleaner.

I'll contact you soon as I arrive at Dtown - should be Tues sometime.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I still can't depart until late tomorrow eve but my work wekk winds down in 45 minutes. Such a relief!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
For all of you who want photos. the carnage from the deer. Daves son just got back with the new rad. and Dave is instaling it. The deer could not be found by the time Dave and I arived to the crasdh sight. Oh well. Wasd happy top help and to lend my pickup to recover the jeep and the rad. :driver:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.