• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Well the guys about have Clintos truck apart and we are going to go out shortly and hide all the parts around the trails, we will be having a scavenger hunt. to got out and find all the parts to put it back together by sat night. Now if we can just remember whitch ones Adam took to put on his truck! :whistle:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make 'em fine thread, grade 8 bolts. We want that bed to stay on the wrecker! And get three or four extra, as I hear the mechanic crew has been in the cherries, and they might lose that many trying to do the install.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman,

I told clinto earlier about this, but for your FYI:

I'm donating a case of bleach, several cases of hand sanitizer (4oz bottles) and a near full case of spray cleaner.

I'll contact you soon as I arrive at Dtown - should be Tues sometime.
We hopefully will have the sanitation trailer and the wash stations there so we should not need bleach (unless of course, we need to dispose of a body). I have four gallons of anti-bacterial soap for the wash stations. How many sets of porta potties are setup?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Did someone let the BBQ place know when we would be hitting their place so they would be ready?

Of course. They have an estimated head count and time of arrival.

What, do you think we're amateurs?

8)

Jimma

No, never said that but as you know the VFW was not a stellar reception and no preparations for food. Just checking to make sure this was a success. We're looking forward to it. Thanks Clint for what your doing.

100acre

Fixed the [quotes]

Clinto,

Thank you for doing the heavy lifting for the Hardball Convoy. I had planned to hit the ground running to make the connections. All I may do now is see if we can get some media coverage for the lunch event and some publicity for Heavy.

To anyone concerned about finances and having funds for grub......NO ONE GOES HUNGRY AT THE GA RALLY!!!!

There is plenty of work to do at the MKT to earn meals. Mike and I are up to our arses in alligators just planning and cooking the meals. We can always use help prepping food and maintaining the dining area. We still have the big tent we had last year and will need assistance putting it up.

If you are sufficiently talented we'll even let you sing for your supper.:mrgreen:
I will be happy to exchange some labor for food. Last time i pulled KP maybe i'll do a bit of prep too. Besides bringing some eggs too!

Last edited by a moderator:

RAYZER

Durhamtown here we come! All hooked up ready to roll, still have some stuff to load.
Myself and oddball leaving around 6am tomorrow, headed up i 95 to i 16 and over, hopefully we will roll in before dark.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the majority of the stuff I plan to bring packed up today. Tomorrow morning I will be getting my personal stuff ready to roll, and with any luck, be ready to pull out when I get home from work tuesday night.

All of you already on the road, drive safe!!!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the looks of that truck, he's gonna need all the bolts he can get.

Bring one big one to tighten up the loose nut behind the steering wheel :cookoo:

CycleJay

Hmmm,

I am wondering.. some things...

If I go at all...

Where will I park? (especially someplace where one of those huge rattlers dont climb in my
truck window at night and eat me... LOL...)

Can I pay the $15.00 bucks a day at the Durhamtown office when I get there?

Is there any sort of initiation/hazing for newbies to the rally?

Hmmm, I still do not know yet if I am going, looks pretty good so far though.
We shall see..

Status
Not open for further replies.