• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hmmm,

Where will I park? (especially someplace where one of those huge rattlers dont climb in my
truck window at night and eat me... LOL...)
In the display or camping areas. The snakes don't bite.

Can I pay the $15.00 bucks a day at the Durhamtown office when I get there?
Yes.

Is there any sort of initiation/hazing for newbies to the rally?
Yes. It involves pancake syrup, a red hot poker and feathers. Can't tell you anything else.

212sparky

[/QUOTE] It involves pancake syrup, a red hot poker and feathers. Can't tell you anything else.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a slow weekend at Gimpys

zout

Been a long vacation day today - got the radiator in the Jeep so my son and grandkids could travel back home safely - they can work out the rest with the insurance company this week - at least his agent (Deb) was here and has first hand knowledge.

Been a lot of very interesting work in the field with the wreckers - lot of action around the site with Tigger and I playing follow the leader with the jeeps behind the camp area - some really nice hills to climb.

CURRENT COUNT HERE - 14 1/2 trucks
3 Jeeps
6 trailers
:driver:
Just finishing the mixture of grilled chow - marinated chicken my son brought - Drew brought a batch of Bratworst - there is a nice slice of pork loin on the grill sizzling - everyone just throws stuff in to match up so everyone gets their fill - nice mixture of commradre that cannot be found elsewhere.

Party lights are now on once again come Monday nigth and as Paul Harvey would say - the rest of the story will continue on tomorrow.
Phil said he was not posting - he either has a liquid refreshment or chow while he is laid back in his lounge chair.
From my understanding - there are some items here that surpass last years production !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya all know what I am talking about.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Uh oh..

Pancake syrup, a red hot poker, and feathers?? Oh chit... Maybe I should think twice about this..
LOL
Passing that little initiation only allows ya to camp and hang around!:roll:

Now if ya wanna have fun and participate in some of the better activities, ya gotta run "The Gauntlet". Can't tell ya what that entails til you are actually there.:-D

Whiterabbit

It's looking more and more like we might be able to roll out Wed! Starting to get green lights across the board!:grin: I'm totally ignoring the lil' seepage from the rear axle hub.:drool:
Was 60 degrees (brrrrrr!) here and ya'll are complaining about the heat?:cookoo:

sandcobra164

JP, I see Ferro is there but after reading about his horrific recovery, I need you to check on something for me. Was he able to recover some Natties (Cheap Beer) in his journey's or do I need to plan to bring more than enough. No worries either way, I don't want to kick a man while he is down, I want to be prepared!!! I know he shelled out quite a bit on tires and impound fees and I don't want to hit him if he's tight right now.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Now I have a question on a serious note.

Are there going to be any medical staff, medics, ER's, hospitals any where in that area.
Just in case someone gets injured, and/or becomes seriously ill?

What about pharmacies, in case someone needs anything over the counter,
unexpectedly?

Jimma

I'm a funeral director and am really good at stitches and carry a big gun if I can't put you back together. Yeah, people help with first aid and there are usually people with basics should you need something.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hi guys,
Now I have a question on a serious note.
Are there going to be any medical staff, medics, ER's, hospitals any where in that area.
Just in case someone gets injured, and/or becomes seriously ill?
What about pharmacies, in case someone needs anything over the counter,
unexpectedly?
Not to worry CJ.

Tigger will be there to treat sucking chest wounds etc.

I have watched several episodes of "House" so I know alot of hospital stuff, PLUS Tinwoodsman is staying in a Holiday Inn Express tomorrow night so I am sure he can come thru as well.

Attachments

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First aid tent is in the early arrival pictures. Tigger is a first responder and Chief Medic for the rally. We have others that can support him.

BUT, the plan is to be SAFE, and enjoy.

CycleJay

re; Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Passing that little initiation only allows ya to camp and hang around!:roll:

Now if ya wanna have fun and participate in some of the better activities, ya gotta run "The Gauntlet". Can't tell ya what that entails til you are actually there.:-D
Uhoh,

Does not sound too good...

You guys are making me concerned over the mental well being of some of you... LOL...

Maybe I really need to think twice about going to this rally.....

I do not want to end up in any type of situation that could be
hazardous to my own personal or others health and safety...
(especially with my present medical condition... )

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JP, I see Ferro is there but after reading about his horrific recovery, I need you to check on something for me. Was he able to recover some Natties (Cheap Beer) in his journey's or do I need to plan to bring more than enough. No worries either way, I don't want to kick a man while he is down, I want to be prepared!!! I know he shelled out quite a bit on tires and impound fees and I don't want to hit him if he's tight right now.
Sand Cobra, Adam and I are taking the Long Easy into town to replace all hard liquids tomorrow. He intends to fill up the back with beer, so come on down. Right now, Ferro is dancing in the flames, and I am parlazed in the chair.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Uhoh,
Does not sound too good...
You guys are making me concerned over the mental well being of some of you... LOL...
Maybe I really need to think twice about going to this rally.....
I do not want to end up in any type of situation that could be
hazardous to my own personal or others health and safety...
(especially with my present medical condition... )
Relax CJ, we are playing. In fact if someone picks on you come find me and I'll run for help.:roll:

Seriously Bro...slip into your big boy britches and come have a good time with some outstanding folks.

OR NOT....you're call

Status
Not open for further replies.