• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
How many zip codes do you have on that thing? Do you get to vote in each zip code?
If I stopped on the GA/AL line the truck would be on Eastern time and the trailer would be on Central.:mrgreen:

The video I want to see is: WM getting that rig out of his driveway without dredging the ditch in front of his house
I intend to go all the way over to the far shoulder of the road and then turn left. I'll have the front wheel drive kicked in just in case the trailer wheels drop off into the ditch. Once I'm commited I'll just stand on the throttle and hang on. I'll either pull it out or pull it in half.

I've gone over the whole route in my mind and I got a good idea of which turns might give me problems. The good thing is that when people see the M927 swing wide for a turn discretion overcomes valor and they wait a minute while I make my turn.

Maybe I'll get there without anything stuck in the rear wheels of the trailer.

Ya'll have Ground Traffic Control on standby......I'll radio in when I'm on my final approach.

poppop

Cj, just read your last post you made while I was typing. look man, i have had two heart attacks and have seven stints in my heart, have had back surgery and have a titanium hip. I sleep with a breating machine and have to bring a truck load of batteries to keep the invertor going. We are all in this life together and are going through the same things. Believe me, we are real people who underatand life. Come on down and have a blast with us.

CycleJay

Wilfreeman,

Thanks for the tip, I am sure I would have a good time. I would really like to go.
I have gone camping many times in the past, spent alot of time sleeping in my car
or truck.

But I just have to make sure medical help is not too far and I have my medications
with me, just in case my condition takes a turn for the worse, which some times it
does, and people then have to call 911 for me.

I could use a couple of days off from my daily life, to sit back, relax, talk with others.
get some target practice, etc...

I will know more later in the week...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why is there no fire? You call this pre-rally actiivites without a fire? C'mon folks, a rally without an oversized fire is like Zout without cherries. Get with the game already.

Lloyd, is Deanna coming down at all this year? Man, I'm pumped, can't wait to get on the road.

100acre

What to bring

I am so very excited to attend again this year. I had so much fun last year and made many wonderful new friends and learned lots. I cannot seem to make up my mind as to towing my M1008 instead of driving it there as I'm not sure it will make it there and back. Or to bring my MEP002A on M116A2 to trade/sell, orrr just tow my M101A2 and buy as much stuff as I can't afford.
What do you guys think??

I am so very excited to attend again this year. I had so much fun last year and made many wonderful new friends and learned lots. I cannot seem to make up my mind as to towing my M1008 instead of driving it there as I'm not sure it will make it there and back. Or to bring my MEP002A on M116A2 to trade/sell, orrr just tow my M101A2 and buy as much stuff as I can't afford.
What do you guys think??
I say roll the dice and drive the M1008 there and back.

CycleJay

100acre,

I am not about my M1009 either, but I am going to roll the dice, and give it a try.
I will know by Thursday or Friday if I am going.

Good luck...

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like too much fun already, I cant wait for the weekend. I'm definitely in this year, spent this weekend getting ready. I'm heading out of Augusta Friday after work. Let me know if I can bring anything!

wilfreeman

Are you bringing Bayleaf with you Dan?
orrr just tow my M101A2 and buy as much stuff as I can't afford.
Don't think you're the only one - I think I'm going to spend half a day collecting all the stuff I've already claimed on here!

Last edited:
Rambling Wreck,

Are you going to the rally?
Yeah, Lord willing. Got some firewood and most of my gear loaded this past weekend. I should be heading out Thursday morning; maybe Wednesday night. My wife is going to then meet me at the BBQ joint on Saturday and will camp that night. We originally had a cabin reserved but decided to camp instead.

bigugh20

We need someone there to get in touch with Steve (SWBradley1) and let him know if Ferro still needs bolts from him and if so, which ones. I believe there has been some confusion if you have a source or not. Can someone there get with Ferro and have him contact Steve please?
I've got 8 - 1/2" x 1.5 inch grade 8, fine thread bolts, nuts, lockwashers, etc. If that's all you need then I've got him covered.

Jimma

Change of plans, dad and I are bringing both our deuces and arriving Wednesday instead of Thursday. You all are posting so much cool stuff we changed our plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks