• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, a look at their website shows $20/night for primitive camping.

Minimum $20 per site per night for 3 people. $5 per extra person per night.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little excitement going on. Two booms and lots of black smoke. DT set an old camper trailer a fire. It was the tires we heard going off.
Forgot pics.

Two booms and some smoke?!?!? Are you sure it wasn't a morning artillery drill? Cannon fire as they raised the flag?

Seeing that smoke I am reminded...

SMOKEY THE BEAR says: "Only YOU can prevent forest fires!"

BE SAFE.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, we have no control of the pricing that is set by Durhamtown and the current pricing is $20.00 per night for 3 people tent camping and $5.00 per extra person. That being said we are going to check with the powers that be on this pricing to see if we get the SS discount. We will keep you posted.

zout

Pay $15 more and come down to get 50 camp and septic here in the rv area = $35 a night - $20 is cheap man - this fella has property taxes to pay - labor that comes around contantly that see's if you need anything - will fetch your ice for ya - make it any cheaper and he will not be able to stay in business and Swiss will have to hunt down a cooler place than this - I think not

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, we have no control of the pricing that is set by Durhamtown and the current pricing is $20.00 per night for 3 people tent camping and $5.00 per extra person. That being said we are going to check with the powers that be on this pricing to see if we get the SS discount. We will keep you posted.
I just got email confirmation from Mike McCommons (owner of D-town) that they will honor the $15 price on the primitive camping. You will probably need to tell the people at the lodge when you pay your camping fees that Mike had agreed to honor the old $15 price. Any problems please find a member of the rally staff.

100acre

I just got email confirmation from Mike McCommons (owner of D-town) that they will honor the $15 price on the primitive camping. You will probably need to tell the people at the lodge when you pay your camping fees that Mike had agreed to honor the old $15 price. Any problems please find a member of the rally staff.
So how do myself and the others get reimbursed for the $20 per night we already paid? Thanks

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I already paid and i will just leave it where its at! They have bent over backward to do things for us and let us get away with a lot!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how do myself and the others get reimbursed for the $20 per night we already paid? Thanks

Ladies and gentlemen you are all adults, we got a favor on this one and went out of our way to negotiate a discount that durhamtown did not have to honor. I would go in politely and explain the situation or better yet ask them to apply the discount when you purchase your trail passes. That said I would stress that this was a favor and please be professional.

thank you

100acre

I just went up to the office to politely ask for a reimbursement and the girl at the office said she had no idea and Mike hadn't said anything to them and that Mike is going out of town today and that we should speak with Joanie tomorrow whom is the ops manager. I don't want to cause a fuss either but we farmers don't make much money and $40 is $40 . If they put the difference towards the trail ride wrist bands then I will be satisfied with that.

zout

Not to get in a debate - but everything in the last year I have bought has gone up in price - Does not anyone see Mike owns a BUSINESS and a multitude of property - labor costs - porta johns - waste mangement - trails that are nearly groomed for folks - his costs in maintaining these - I would feel ashamed to go ask for some money back thinking he owed us something.

I am not rich - but I knew the costs before commiting myself to come. Keep asking for refunds or discounts and we may have to find a new home next year cause as a business owner I would get sick of it. Just my .02 cents worth.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went up to the office to politely ask for a reimbursement and the girl at the office said she had no idea and Mike hadn't said anything to them and that Mike is going out of town today and that we should speak with Joanie tomorrow whom is the ops manager. I don't want to cause a fuss either but we farmers don't make much money and $40 is $40 . If they put the difference towards the trail ride wrist bands then I will be satisfied with that.
100Acre we will look into and see if we can get some of the confusion worked out. We will keep you posted.

100acre

Sorry for being a pain in the arse, but everything worked out for the better. They gave me back the difference which I gave back to them plus some more to cover three days of trail riding. Thank you to all for your help. Also Mike said he's about to open another off road park in Murphy NC !!
For anyone interested for the cost of driving the trails is $25 for the 1st day and an additional $20 per day after that. Tanks and blessings!

TMNT

Thanks to getting a fresh perspective on things this morning, and due to some encouraging words from Clinto last night by way of a phone call (thanks Clint), I managed to get everything loaded, the truck washed, and I re-worked that leaking hub. Only time (and miles) will tell if I got it right this time.

I have to fly down to Ft. Lauderdale in the morning and return Wednesday night. I plan on rolling out in the wee hours of Thursday morning to beat the Atlanta rush hour traffic. I have to make a stop along the way for some groceries and ice, but I should be at D'Town about 10:00.

rbeasley66

Yes, a look at their website shows $20/night for primitive camping.

Minimum $20 per site per night for 3 people. $5 per extra person per night.
Doghead, I was just going by what had been posted here. I didn't know if a special price had been agreed upon by DT and SSGR or not. Just a heads up for everyone coming in that it would be $5 more a night then what was posted here in this thread.
Come on in, the weather is fine.

zout

I know I was in the lodge and it totally disgusted me to hear someone with the ladies DEMANDING his money back - next time you want to act like a total arse represting the MV group leave me out of it - you DO NOT represent ME and Zout 2. After I bought Ice for the coolers the ladies told me it was the 4th time the individual came back wanting the discount Difficult to figure out whey we are down in the rv section huh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks