• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMGeneral

If all holds as is,I should be headed that way between 0930 and 1030 hrs,crack of dawn departure impossible at this point(16 hr days).

I should arrive between 1430 and 1530 hrs,give or take a few minutes.

CUCVLOVER

Got all my junk in the trucks and tool boxes. My cucv is on a trailer being pulled by me with a 2000 Chevy 3500 and my buddy's blazer will be loaded in the am along with my Polaris rzr onto a gooseneck being pulled by my dad in his 2015 Chevy 3500.
Rolling out as early as possible

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We had a heck of a day between working and getting stuff ready to include shopping for vittles etc, but we got er did with the help of Tinwoodsman, Zout and my crew!!:beer:

Got the camper prepped and provisions loaded, MVs loaded on my 4 car hauler and the dually running...just not quite up to par.

Plan on rolling out tomorrow between 10:30 - 11:00hrs.

Y'all save us some fun!:naner:

Attachments

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

We had a heck of a day between working and getting stuff ready to include shopping for vittles etc, but we got er did with the help of Tinwoodsman, Zout and my crew!!:beer:

Got the camper prepped and provisions loaded, MVs loaded on my 4 car hauler and the dually running...just not quite up to par.

Plan on rolling out tomorrow between 10:30 - 11:00hrs.

Y'all save us some fun!:naner:
Papabear.
Are you going to be wheeling in the gator?

Al Harvey

Got in yesterday afternoon and finished setting up this morning. If I got something you purchased just swing by.
uploadfromtaptalk1476886431662.jpg

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Well,I know when I am licked:shrugs:

While doing my extensive checkout before I hit the road,I found that the #2 U joint on the main driveshaft to the rear axle was out,while removing said shaft for a quick replacement,I found the transfer case rear output shaft bearings were out as well.

After taking everything apart for a "quick" repair,one of the outer duals gave way with a mighty BANG, So I am gonna take this as a sign to stay home this year.

Simp is I think going to make a run up here and pick up the M322 LT for delivery at a later date.

Maybe next year.

TMNT

Any one in or near Cherokee county Georgia that has an outer rear bearing seal? Just one?

I found one that had rotated, torn off the key and basically ground it up.

** Edit: I searched through my parts boxes again and I found an outer seal! Truck is back together and we plan to roll out tomorrow after the rush hour traffic dies down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

Well guys I rolled in just after dark. Talked to Clinton for a minute then got the trucks and rzr unloaded. I'm staying in Kane's RV, y'all know what my truck looks like and my rzr is camo with a small flag on the driver's side.

See all you guys in the am

michigandon

Developed a bad oil leak on the ride down, AND the tailpipe fell off! Had to turn around and head back home.

I know that I'll see *some* of you guys at Denton this spring. Haven't missed a single one of those, not about to start now!

Don

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally rolled in around 6:00 PM. My M35A3 broke down on Apple Pie Ridge Road about 2 miles from US 441. The check valve on top of the fuel tank plugged up. The truck quit on a bad curve. I flagged down a guy in a pickup and he pulled me off the road. I found a farmer that lent me the one tool I needed but didn't have with me and about 2-1/2 hours later I was back on the road. Having fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks