• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Georgia Rally Multimedia GMVR16 Thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talk your way out of trouble by side tracking her, maybe with some apple pie...
I will work diligently towards this. I sent her a pic of that and she seems pleased. Between Phil's pic and the apple pie, I shoild survive. More is mo betta though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was some joker there with a drone. I wonder if he will post any pics. Anyone with access to the facebook page, feel free to copy the pics over here for the commoners.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Word from the RT

Firstly, I would like to thank all the folks who attend this rally. Each year folks seem to bring their best and it shows.

Thanks to all the volunteers who really do put lots of time and effort into the planning and operation of this event. I run one small insignificant part at it can be tasking. Rather than name names, I would just like to give a big thanks to all of those folks who helped out at the RT.

This year things were a little different for me. After relocating my family to N GA, I was pleasantly suprised to learn that my kids had a fall break. It just happened to be during the rally too. My biggest thanks goes out to them. As far as I know, they were respectful, responsible and willing to help. Many times I would stumble off knowing that either of them could run the RT. I probably took advantage of their ability to run things but responsibility builds character.
Jonathan and Andrew, a sincere thanks fron Dad, you both stepped up and made me proud.

Lets see, about 360 days until the rally sound about right?

TMNT

Here is a vid from the rally site to the Convoy lunch stop.

https://youtu.be/J2wJxy5gJRQ
Thanks for that vid Stig. That's me in front of you. Nice to have met you when we arrived on Thursday and I'm honored to have played some role in the story of how you acquired a truck and got involved with Steel Soldiers.

I can see in your video that my brake lights were on a lot. I'm pretty sure that was caused by my air pack that eventually failed while on the way home on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMNT

Here's a few I saw on facebook. Seems like alot more pics are being posted there than on here??
Those are from me, PB. I posted to FB first because it's pretty easy there to dump 100+ photos. I made the album public so all could see and even link to the album. I'll post some here as well. Working on that this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Firstly, I would like to thank all the folks who attend this rally. Each year folks seem to bring their best and it shows.

Thanks to all the volunteers who really do put lots of time and effort into the planning and operation of this event. I run one small insignificant part at it can be tasking. Rather than name names, I would just like to give a big thanks to all of those folks who helped out at the RT.

This year things were a little different for me. After relocating my family to N GA, I was pleasantly suprised to learn that my kids had a fall break. It just happened to be during the rally too. My biggest thanks goes out to them. As far as I know, they were respectful, responsible and willing to help. Many times I would stumble off knowing that either of them could run the RT. I probably took advantage of their ability to run things but responsibility builds character.
Jonathan and Andrew, a sincere thanks fron Dad, you both stepped up and made me proud.

Lets see, about 360 days until the rally sound about right?
I can tell you this Kenny, we had a short discussion about those young men in our little AO and every single member of our group thought those young troops were simply outstanding. It's pretty easy to tell when youngins are raised in a good family oriented environment with a strong set of values.[thumbzup]:beer:

TMNT

My son, Michael, in Kenny's (Coffey1) Jeep. Kenny very generously allowed Michael to drive his 5-ton last year, and this year he let Michael drive the Jeep for several days. I can't thank you enough, Kenny. Not many 15-year old boys have that story to tell.

IMG_7324.jpg

My Big Betty at our camp site.

IMG_7319.jpg

Michael with Kenny's HEMTT
IMG_7313.jpg

Michael with B.A.R.T. (Ron's project)
IMG_7315.jpg

Me with B.A.R.T.
IMG_7318.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks