• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2020 Georgia Military Vehicle Rally (20GMVR) information thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We will have an announcement shortly about how we're replacing the MKT for food this year. Gunnermac will be posting it up in this thread.

I appreciate everyone's patience and all of you should thank Gunnermac this year because us going through with this is 90% because of him.

I would also like to thank Memphis Equipment, as they've once again stepped up and sponsored the rally and as D-town is now requiring the rally to pay for the porta potties and trash service, we couldn't do this without them.

I'll have the finished design of the shirts soon. I'll be making less this year, because I suspect the pandemic will push attendance down.

Speaking thereof, I want to remind everyone: There is a global pandemic. I don't care about your politics and if you post anything political about it in this thread, we'll delete it.

I expect everyone to be polite to others. You might think it's a hoax but many people don't. I expect you to respect other people, even if you think they're idiots.

Georgia residents are strongly advised to wear masks when around people other than your immediate family. Direct from the state's website: https://georgia.gov/covid-19-corona...-georgia/covid-19-wear-cloth-face-mask-public

The state isn't requiring it and they're not trying to fight counties over it anymore: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-face-mask-mandate-brian-kemp-allows/

Greene County doe not appear to have a mandate: https://www.greenecountyga.gov/462/Greene-County-Message-on-COVID-19

I want all of you to consider the public perception of our hobby. We will give the hobby a permanent black eye if we become a super spreader event and we'll end up on the national news. So be smart.

I know many of you are opposed to masks, the rally isn't requiring them but I expect you to treat people who choose to wear them with respect.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're working on multiple replacements for the MKT. I'll have some answers about what we're doing shortly.
I dont have the entire MKT set up, but I do have stoves, griddle & all the electrical hookups, fuel lines....if it would help anyone, now that Mike has retired.

Last edited:

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate Clinto's kind words , however we must remember we all owe him a debt of gratitude as he has organized the rally for fourteen years. As you all probably know, Mike will not be bringing the MKT this year, we owe him a debt of gratitude for his hard work as well. This year there will be several options for food, Duramtown has a restaurant located in the main lodge, CJ's BarBQ located in Woodville about 10 minutes drive from the Rally serves breakfast , lunch and dinner, Jack Land will be on site with The Wing House Express food truck. He will be there Thursday for dinner and on Friday breakfast, lunch and dinner. Currently I am exploring options for Saturday and will post any new info. Mrs. Jackson at CJ's BarBQ serves excellent barbecue and a meat and three vegetables, and some outstanding home made pie. The Wing House food truck will have Sausage biscuit, or chicken biscuit, both with tater tots $5.00. Lunch and dinner : 10 wings with homemade chips, 6 chicken tenders with homemade chips, two hand patted slider burgers with homemade chips or 2 chicken sliders with chips, any of the above $10.00 each. Appetizers : fried pickles, cheese sticks or fried green beans $6.00 each. Coffee or soda $1.00. I will post the hours and any info on Duramtown's menu as I get it. This is going to be the first year without Mike's MKT on site, so if none of the above options appeal, you should be prepared to cook for yourself. There is an Ingles in Greensboro and several fast food locations there as well. I realize it is late getting everything together as Clinto referred to in a previous post, but we are going to "get her done". I look forward to seeing everyone and we are going to have a damn good rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks