• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2020 Georgia Military Vehicle Rally (20GMVR) information thread

Welder1

Well our shakedown run yesterday went south. One truck developed a rear main oil leak we have to correct. I guess its best it happened now vs on the road. Nothing but some work we will get it done. Isn't this fun? My fun meter is about pegged out.

Eddie C
Ok we got the transmission out got new seal in housing should be putting it back together Friday. the pilot bushing didn’t look too good so replacing that while we are there.
update all back together ready to roll

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the old alternator off, just in time for the downpours to start. I may ask my wife to hold an umbrella over my head while I work, but she may have something to say about that!
I now have the new alternator installed and it is charging correctly. Actually a very easy job, but the rain made the job last a few days. I'll start PMing the deuce tomorrow, but I don't expect any issues since I drive the truck fairly often and I routinely check most everything frequently.

71DeuceAK

I GOT HERE LATE YESTERDAY, FIRST TO ARRIVE. JEEPSINKER BEAT ME LAST YEAR, BUT HE WOULD HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO THIS YEAR. COLD LAST NIGHT AND THE WIND BLOWING HARD. NICE TODAY, ALL SEEMS WELL, LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE.
Beating Garrett would normally take some doing, but isn't he in Korea this year still?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just got off the phone with Durhamtown, they are having staffing issues due to some medical emergencies (Not Covid-19) and they are trying to come up with staff to send to our field to assist with selling of offroad park passes and camping passes.

If they are unable to send us someone, we'll need to go to the lodge to pay for fees

I apologize for the inconvenience.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
checked in about an hour ago the young ladies at registration o very nice but we're unaware of the pricing clinto had set up for us, a quick phone call had it straightened out, please let them know you are with our group when you check in

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
checked in about an hour ago the young ladies at registration o very nice but we're unaware of the pricing clinto had set up for us, a quick phone call had it straightened out, please let them know you are with our group when you check in
please disregard last post

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks