• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2020 Georgia Military Vehicle Rally (20GMVR) information thread

sandcobra164

The weather was great and the date change only prevented one of my friends from attending but he would've been there if he knew earlier. As for Eli's comment about people acting like jackwagons on ATV's, I hate they don't enforce curfew as well but no matter how heavy a police state they impose, they'll still be jackwagons and it'll be more of a hassle for us if we ask D'town to do it.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Hopefully so, because if I’m across the street again I’ve got some really comical trolling I’ll be doing. Innocent and legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought it was great. Those sleeping in tents Tuesday night might disagree.
It was a little “disappointing “ to have it get dark so early. Although it did make night rides easier and earlier. And longer camp fires aren’t horrible.

Please PLEASE - PLEASE set the dates earlier so we can crowd out the crowd of bikers and sXs that for the most part just don’t think of others.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weather this year was perfect. Maybe that was a matter of luck or related to the dates the rally was held. If the weather is better on average for these dates, keep them next year.

While it's nice to have the field to ourselves, I don't think we can expect any venue to turn away a paying customer because someone might rent a spot during our event. I reserved my spot in August, and at that time there was only one or two spots not taken. Maybe D'town would consider only allowing our rally attendees to reserve B spots up to a month out or some agreed time frame. After that, they can let anyone have them.

This was my best rally experience yet, I am glad I came. Hopefully things will be back to normal next year. Thanks to Gunnermac, Clinto and all the others who took the time and made the effort to put on the rally this year.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thank you Clinto and especially Gunnermac, had an awesome time and somehow was able to keep myself occupied without aggravating any one person too much. Agree with wheelspinner earlier you can set the dates the better but you know this, I am a tent camper and I can make Heat but not cool, the early sunset makes a long night of drinking maybe I can find a time lock cooler to set my start time:shrugs:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It was good, although the ignorant people crowding in on four wheelers and side by sides doing nightly drag races down the road AND our dirt road at night that ARENT supposed to be riding at night (not a part of our group) led to part of my group disbanding early and heading home because it wasn’t worth a poor nights sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds familiar... Here in Charlotte, the 1d10ts roar up and down the city streets - occasionally blowing by a city cop. Twenty or thirty of them at the time taking over two lanes of a four lane street. I can only assume that the politically correct Chief and City Council have instructed them to ignore it unless somebody dies. And of course, most of them have little shorty mufflers or none so it sounds like a race track. There is more but I feel sure my commentary about how if it was me for example - the situation would be completely different.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robot my brain is motivated.
But my body says h ell no.
Hopefully by October 2021 my body will say hooray let's go. Lol
Coffey, my flight aversion, money and partner all say no, but , as you say, the rests all vote heavily in favor.
I do now live in the country that invented the term Robot, but I would not describe myself as that rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks