• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2020 Georgia Military Vehicle Rally (20GMVR) information thread

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The question is: Is anyone working on this or is this all idle conversation.

Has anyone asked clinto if he's still willing to take this on and keep it alive after so many years of great success or is it time to turn it over to young blood and see where it goes

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes durham might have been a pain in the a$$
But now we have no where to go.
You try not to quit a job until you line another one up
The only option I am seeing right now is to build Denton up .
There are no trails to rides but the helicopters and seeing friends is really great .

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The question is: Is anyone working on this or is this all idle conversation.

Has anyone asked clinto if he's still willing to take this on and keep it alive after so many years of great success or is it time to turn it over to young blood and see where it goes

Yes, Mac and I are working on this. We've been to multiple sites, in person, trying to find something that would make everyone happy.

The amount of time it takes to put this on is mind boggling. There's so much time in it behind the scenes that no one sees. Just getting our lawyer and D-town's lawyer to agree on language to combine the waivers so that we could save attendees 3 extra minutes at the registration tent took multiple emails, phone conferences and face to face meetings. Just that tiny little aspect.

Yes durham might have been a pain in the a$$
But now we have no where to go.
You try not to quit a job until you line another one up
The only option I am seeing right now is to build Denton up .
There are no trails to rides but the helicopters and seeing friends is really great .
Let me make something clear. I didn't quit Durhamtown, they elected to not host us again. I was trying to schedule the 2021 event and had gotten a tentative date when they changed their mind and disinvited us.

I'm smart enough to not burn bridges until I have new ones lined up.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto buddy i know your a very very smart
But were they pissed because we kept complaining
About fees.

If that's not the case then please accept my apology.

I personally was not upset about the cost I considered it my vacation and it was really really cheap vacation
No apology is necessary, I just want to make sure that a narrative doesn't begin to take hold that I chose to end to our relationship with D-town.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So Mac and I have been working on a replacement location and we have a couple potential candidates. I'm sending Dave (u/rustyjunk) to recon it next week. We've spoken to the facility management and they're excited to have us but there is a substantial fee that the rally would have a hard time dealing with. But this facility would come with a literal mountain of benefits.

I know some of ya'll need an answer sooner than this and I'm sorry. I just can't push this stuff forward any faster.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
So Mac and I have been working on a replacement location and we have a couple potential candidates. I'm sending Dave (u/rustyjunk) to recon it next week. We've spoken to the facility management and they're excited to have us but there is a substantial fee that the rally would have a hard time dealing with. But this facility would come with a literal mountain of benefits.

I know some of ya'll need an answer sooner than this and I'm sorry. I just can't push this stuff forward any faster.
I think I speak collectively of the group when I say we have faith in y’all, we know if there’s a way it will be found!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We paid Durhamtown personally a ton of money every year, strangely it was never calculated the same way either every year. One year I would pay 80, another 200 another 160 and it was always the same deal. Primative camping, 1 driver and trail riding for kids.

So yes we can all pay a fee as necessary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks