• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official Deuce Aftermarket Wheel Thread

peashooter

Weight of wheels & tires

An SS member that I sold some MRAP wheel adapters to was kind enough to give me a list of weights for various rims and tires that he weighed on a digital scale while he was breaking them down and building up a set he wanted. Also below are pictures of the 12bolt MRAP wheel, 20 Bolt aluminum wheel and his truck with the aluminum MRAPs on it.

WEIGHTS:
20 bolt Alum Mrap wheel…………………………….73 lbs.
12 bolt steel Mrap wheel……………………………..162 lbs.
Stock deuce wheel………………………………………..93 lbs.
395 85 20 Goodyear MVT without run flat……203 lbs.
395 85 20 Michelin XZL with run flat……………301 lbs.
900-20 tire, tube, flap…………………………………..67 lbs.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! Never expected the weight difference between steel and aluminum MRAP wheels to be THAT much...!

Thanks for the data.

G.

Ford Mechanic

Got a question right quick.... Will the 6 lug A3 rims with CTIS diabled fit on the A2??? What are the dimension differences between them and amount of off set?

I picked up a start for my spare tire crane project at a local buisness and was showed around some after and saw PILES of A3 rims with destroyed tires that had me thinking. I also saw some I was told were A3's that had no CTIS and had no bolts around the outside????? The A3 rims with the bolts on the outside, does the outer part of the rim come off there for changing the tire?

Input much appreciated!

Ford Mechanic

Will they offset the rim out from under the truck in the front a little more than the origanal A2 rims? One of Peashooters or Gringletaube's drawings would be great to compare the differances in the rims as far as offset and width. But all I've been able to find so far is drawings of the beads about the MPT tire discussion. Anyone got the saved by chance?

3dAngus

OK, so I'm bringing this thread back to the top, due to three members consideration. Firstly, gringletube recommended it.
Next, I wanted to throw in an atta-boy for two top notch vendors on the 395 85 20 tire MRAP adapters to make the wheel fit the deuce on the 10 lug to 6 lug conversion, or, adapter plates.
I have purchased the adapter plates from both ccequipment and peashooter for different sets of tires, steel and aluminum whel sets that I purchased brand new from Huntsville a while back.
Both sets from both these vendors were absolutely amazing quality.
Adding the MRAP wheels to my deuce, now a bobber, was probably, in my opinion, the single best improvement to the overall looks of the truck. I have seen others done well, but in my view have not seen one that compares.
MRAPs are tops, but we all have our own eye and see things differently.
The point of this post is, peashooter and ccequipment both carry my highest recommendation for both quality and service.
As this is an older thread, I cannot say if either is currently serving up the adapter plates, but if you need them and can buy from either, you will not be disappointed.
They comment on their products about three pages previous to this one. Thanks guys!

trider

If I was going to purchase a set of custom wheels from say Longs or Marsh Racing for my 365/85/R20 Michelin XZL's what size rim would I need and how much offset would be needed so the front and backs track the same? My rear hubs have already been flipped.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about Marsh but Longs only has (or used to have ) 20x11 shells which they use(d) to build their one-piece wheels.
As for backspace I would recommend anything between 8-9 inches. (Front-back tracking would not be an issue since you flipped the hubs.)

Basic dimensions for such a 1-piece wheel are shown in post #70. Or if you want a nicer one, go show them this drawing... (Longs already has this...)
With those dimensions this would be a so-called "reversible" wheel, meaning that the front- and rear track width would be the same, regardless if the rear hubs were flipped or not.

G.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You HAVE to leave them out if you want to go the one-piece-wheel route!
There is no way you could mount a tire on such a wheel, if it still had a beadlock- or runflat insert inside.

G.

trider

Does anyone have pictures showing like a 8-8.5" back spacing vs a 7" backspacing? I called and spoke to Marsh Racing Wheels today he said most of the deuce and a half wheels they have done were on 7" back spacing. I am wondering what this will look like. Do you think this is too much or too little?

rccollin

Here's a set of PLS wheels mounted on Peashooters MRAP plates.

Do you have anymore pics of the front wheels on your rig? I want to use the PLS trailer wheels as well. Can you take any of how much clearance you have on your exhaust, and on your pitman arm/steering linkage. A pic from the fron would be great too, so I can seen how the stance looks. Are those 395's? Thanks for your time.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
uploadfromtaptalk1425874398937.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425874469479.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425874582712.jpgMRAP wheels on the back, pls wheels on the front. I had mraps all the way around but after I put power steering on it the tire hit the pitman arm bad. Pls wheels clear with room to spare.

rccollin

View attachment 546764View attachment 546765View attachment 546766MRAP wheels on the back, pls wheels on the front. I had mraps all the way around but after I put power steering on it the tire hit the pitman arm bad. Pls wheels clear with room to spare.
Where did you find your PLS wheels? Which adapters are you using? Is that the waterloo power steering set up with the 710 saginaw box? Thats the set up Im about to install. I have it all sitting in the garage staring at me everyday, but I know my wheels are going to rub just as yours did. What size tires are you running? Do you have any issues with the passenger side tire rubbing the exhaust due to the less back spacing?

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Got the PLS wheels straight from the sourceuploadfromtaptalk1425877304364.jpeg yes it's the waterloo kituploadfromtaptalk1425877415109.jpg tires are 395/85r20, and the passenger tire will touch the j pipe if you are turned and stuff the tire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks