• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL RC RALLY 08' CONVOY THREAD

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll be set up in the camping area just inside the entrance. I doubt you will miss the camo netting and the green stuff laying around.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Take lots of pictures for those of us on the other side of the world. I am sure the mountains will be beautiful.

God bless all the travellers and the time together over the whole weekend and all the miles and smiles, in Jesus name, Amen

M37Dodge

Stragglers . . .

Rick in his 5-ton wrecker and me in my M37 will convoy up RT 743 (Hershey/Elizabethtown) from I283 at 7:45 a.m. and jump onto Rt 39 at Hershey to Exit 77 on I81 then to RC. We should be at the I81/Exit 77 ~8:25 a.m. and arrive at RC ~9:10 a.m.

More the merrier!
M37Dodge xxx-xxx-xxxx cell

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Stragglers . . .

It is Monday morning, No.2Diesel and his brother Rob are still there, or en route back at the moment. I'm sure a pile of pics will be posted within the next 24 hours.

We had a great time! Perfect weather, noone had any major problems with their trucks. I think the biggest problem was NewMVguy got a screw in his tire and had to change it out, but that's it. Met some new folks, which is always good, and saw some cool trucks, which is even better.

What always makes me smile is the look on the faces of the other people at RC, who are riding in Jeeps, which varies from pure wonder, to a holy s**t look, to absolute hatred because we're having more fun in $3000 trucks than they are having in $20,000 custom dune buggies!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Did you run into my friends in full size jeeps? I got an email from them with pictures they had a fun time too. Really looking forward to the pics

LanceRobson

There will be a lot of pics and video to follow. Please be patient.

There were a ton of full sized Jeeps, buggies and rock crawlers along with a lot of stupified looks from the occupants, particularly when we found each other on "Black for rocks with Red slopes"" trails and in some of the places where tree pushing and 5 point turns were the norm.

The jeepers took a lot of pictures of the MVs, both on the trails and in the parking lot. Some got contact info from MVers with trucks to sell. I think we brought a few over to the "Dark Side".

Total reported casualties were: one screw in an outer dual (NewMVguy), a broken mirror and dented M923 bumper (No2Deisel's bro, Rob) and my M1008 got " high centered" once. Oh yeah,and we're all about an inch shorter, from the spinal compression!

Hey Rob!! Your degree in Automotive Forestry is in the mail!

If my count was correct , there were something like 14-15 vehicles, 20-21 participants, and 7,854,431 smiles.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks