• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure Gauge

willysmd

HI Guys

Quick question, what should the standard oil pressure gauge read from and to in the M35 2 and 1/2 ton. i.e. zero to what?? as mine goes from zero to 60 psi and I dont think this is correct.

Thanks

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: Oil Pressure Gauge

there are 2 available. 0-60 and 0-120. both must be mated to the correct sending unit on the motor.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The sending unit can be seen on the passenger side of the block, towards the bottom rear. In this picture, it is visible directly above the flexible exhaust pipe.

Attachments

Related question, My guage says 0-60 and It has been reading like 15 lbs at idle and 20 or 25 running, so I placed a mechanical gauge on the truck, to my suprise, it read 60psi at idle and just under 80psi at high throttle. Is this normal, did I have a mismatched sender to guage? I guess I am happy I am seeing higher pressure than lower pressure.

jwaller

sounds like either a mismatch or bad gauge or bad sender. I have a good 0-60 gauge and sender that came off my truck. for shipping I'll send it to ya.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
yellobronc said:
Related question, My guage says 0-60 and It has been reading like 15 lbs at idle and 20 or 25 running, so I placed a mechanical gauge on the truck, to my suprise, it read 60psi at idle and just under 80psi at high throttle. Is this normal, did I have a mismatched sender to guage? I guess I am happy I am seeing higher pressure than lower pressure.
Also check the grounding of the gauge. Bad ground can cause inaccurate readings.

willysmd

Thanks for all the info everyone, one last question that has been bugging me, why is there two types of gauges 0-60 and 0-120 surely the engines do not produce differing pressures as such, if my gauge is the former and I produce 70 psi then the needle would be "bouncing" off the stop.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter