• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pressure gauge

TexRdnec

i know the high and low end but what is the spectrum range of acceptability?

i run about 60 cold idle and 15 warm idle but i can't recall what i do at certain rpms warm.....

i have a 120 gauge

jwright

I was told by Memphis Equipment there is also a oil press. reg on the right side of the block behind the turbo that helps control the oil press. There are some springs that sometimes will break or get weak and will mess with the press.

Westex

I was told by Memphis Equipment there is also a oil press. reg on the right side of the block behind the turbo that helps control the oil press. There are some springs that sometimes will break or get weak and will mess with the press.
This is a new one to me, I must confess. Anybody got a pic of this device; is it adjustable; controllable; or what?

TexRdnec

i THINK that i've found my problem. or at least a problem.....

govliquidation.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2aaj7yh.jpg

i believe the oil pan was partially blocking the oil pickup screen. i looked and looked for this information so in case somebody is curious later....

the oil pickup is 10" from the bottom of the block and 5.5" from the front of the block.

i'm going to put a new pan up after dinner, new oil and filters and see what she does.

she was running 65lbs cold idle and 15lbs hot idle. anything i should really check out while it's off?

http://i50.tinypic.com/35bgzeb.jpg

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've installed an air gauge in place of the oil gauge, and hard plumbed a line to it. Works slow, due to small line, and a very small hole for the gauge. But it will tell you the oil pressure, with no electric.

On the oil pan, it does not take much of a dent on the bottom on the pan to block the oil pickup.

Dennis

TexRdnec

i lied. gained about 5 lbs at hot idle. 20 today. hot @ 2000 rpm is about 50.

figure i'll try a sender swap and see if that makes a difference or not.