• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK, I need some clarification here.

Before I get the old "Read the TM, Stupid!" I'd love to but I'm having a bit of trouble searching the TMs as I'm not fluent in militaryspeak when it comes to nomenclature. I'm getting plenty of "what", now I need to know "where", so I'll just come out and ask. Where is the voltage regulator on my 72 K.J. M35A2 W/W? Some of the pics in the info I can find have it on the butt-end of the generator and other pics show a seperate reglator unit (rectangular with 2 multi-connector receptacles) Is it one or the other? Where on the truck would that rectangular one be found? I've read that getting it all working is as simple as changing a blown diode. I can do that, but where are all the diodes located?
:whistle:

MidNightRider

ok, I am just putting this out there, if your Generator / Alternator has a 1" diameter cable coming out of it, then just follow it to the external regulator, you cannot miss it, it is about the size of a half a loaf of bread (wonder would work). now I have never taken these apart, but that is where all the diodes are at. now, if your generator / alternator only has, I am trying to remember, 2 or 3 small wires coming out of it, then you have a model with a built in regulator. there are about 6 little screws on the back side that you can take and remove the regulator. BUT, this item is non-repairable. unless you are into serious work. hope this works

ok, I am just putting this out there, if your Generator / Alternator has a 1" diameter cable coming out of it, then just follow it to the external regulator, you cannot miss it, it is about the size of a half a loaf of bread (wonder would work). now I have never taken these apart, but that is where all the diodes are at. now, if your generator / alternator only has, I am trying to remember, 2 or 3 small wires coming out of it, then you have a model with a built in regulator. there are about 6 little screws on the back side that you can take and remove the regulator. BUT, this item is non-repairable. unless you are into serious work. hope this works
Ok, it looks like I have the internally regulated model. I understand the non-servicable parts thing, but as long as I can identify a blown diode and find a suitable replacement, (my dad retired after 13 years at Xerox as an electronics inspector. I learned to solder when I was 9.) Changing a diode is a cakewalk as long as the whole unit isn't sealed in some bullit-proof epoxy goo.
:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks