• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK, I need some clarification here.

Before I get the old "Read the TM, Stupid!" I'd love to but I'm having a bit of trouble searching the TMs as I'm not fluent in militaryspeak when it comes to nomenclature. I'm getting plenty of "what", now I need to know "where", so I'll just come out and ask. Where is the voltage regulator on my 72 K.J. M35A2 W/W? Some of the pics in the info I can find have it on the butt-end of the generator and other pics show a seperate reglator unit (rectangular with 2 multi-connector receptacles) Is it one or the other? Where on the truck would that rectangular one be found? I've read that getting it all working is as simple as changing a blown diode. I can do that, but where are all the diodes located?
:whistle:

MidNightRider

ok, I am just putting this out there, if your Generator / Alternator has a 1" diameter cable coming out of it, then just follow it to the external regulator, you cannot miss it, it is about the size of a half a loaf of bread (wonder would work). now I have never taken these apart, but that is where all the diodes are at. now, if your generator / alternator only has, I am trying to remember, 2 or 3 small wires coming out of it, then you have a model with a built in regulator. there are about 6 little screws on the back side that you can take and remove the regulator. BUT, this item is non-repairable. unless you are into serious work. hope this works

ok, I am just putting this out there, if your Generator / Alternator has a 1" diameter cable coming out of it, then just follow it to the external regulator, you cannot miss it, it is about the size of a half a loaf of bread (wonder would work). now I have never taken these apart, but that is where all the diodes are at. now, if your generator / alternator only has, I am trying to remember, 2 or 3 small wires coming out of it, then you have a model with a built in regulator. there are about 6 little screws on the back side that you can take and remove the regulator. BUT, this item is non-repairable. unless you are into serious work. hope this works
Ok, it looks like I have the internally regulated model. I understand the non-servicable parts thing, but as long as I can identify a blown diode and find a suitable replacement, (my dad retired after 13 years at Xerox as an electronics inspector. I learned to solder when I was 9.) Changing a diode is a cakewalk as long as the whole unit isn't sealed in some bullit-proof epoxy goo.
:mrgreen: