• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OKC Convoy 12/20/08 with Pics and Videos!!!

M1075

HI M1075 ! ! Iinterested have a M813A1 and maybe 1 passenger !! Looking forward to it !!
Wow, it will be great to have a M813A1 on the convoy. If anyone needs a tow, you will be the man!

I updated the itinerary on the original message. More information to follow soon.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how many towbars, primary filters and spare parts do we need to bring????

Warthog

:grd:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count so far:

1 - M813A1 w/M101
4or6 - M35A2
1 - M35A2C w/M105
1 - M1009
1 - M38 CND w/M100
maybe - M561 Goat
1 - F250 w/M116
maybe - M818

Maybe Pop's will give us a discount on Diesel.....LOL

Warthog

Last edited:

M1075

I wish I was closer or I'd be there. Maybe this means we can have a big trun out for a spring D-day rally???
You got it Jason! I hope we can organize a convoy from here to there.

I think you participated in the Arkansas MV Convoy earlier this year and would appreciate any tips/advice you can provide to make our event safer and more fun. Please send me a PM with your ideas.

jasonjc

The biggest thing that made it great was stops evrey 20-30 minutes or so. It gave evry one time to get out and meet one another, talk trucks , check thing over. It sounds like a pain but in the long run it was alot of fun that way.

StreetbikeDepot

I just got back with my 818, so count me in for sure, my wife will probably be with me.

My father may join us as well with his M35A2, not 100% though.

I'm going to call a couple other guys that I know that are not SS members and see if they want to participate.

M1075

I just got back with my 818, so count me in for sure, my wife will probably be with me.

My father may join us as well with his M35A2, not 100% though.

I'm going to call a couple other guys that I know that are not SS members and see if they want to participate.
That is good news on all accounts!

pvtjorge

I thought Steelsoldiers was the one and only? :-D Seriously, I did post a link on www.g503.com . I would appreciate you posting a link to here on any other MV forums you frequent. Everyone is welcome. Thanks.
Sorry I didn't see the ad on the "G" However there is another site dedicated to Willys M series vehicles. at www.willysmjeeps.com...... and you might have some interests from the Arkansas MV Travelers if some live close to that side of the state. I know there are some around Fayetteville whom have MV's. I participated last May in the Arkansas convoy and really had a great time. And wish I could make yours this time. It really makes for a nice event the more that participate.
thanks
Ken

Last edited:

Tackettr

Starting to see some 7 day forcast now, weather looks to be sunny, dry, temp in the mid-forties, & slightly windy (15-20 mph).

I'm not sure about other vehicles but my duece, without a heater, seems to be comfortable down to 40 with some warm clothes on. I think the weather will be just fine for our convoy!:-D We may even get lucky and it be a little warmer. You know how weather forcasting is around here! :-D

See everybody on Saturday!!!!

M1075

I just sent a PM to those who have shown interest in the convoy. It has details and additional information for the convoy. Please take a look at it and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry I didn't see the ad on the "G" However there is another site dedicated to Willys M series vehicles. at www.willysmjeeps.com...... and you might have some interests from the Arkansas MV Travelers if some live close to that side of the state. I know there are some around Fayetteville whom have MV's. I participated last May in the Arkansas convoy and really had a great time. And wish I could make yours this time. It really makes for a nice event the more that participate.
thanks
Ken
www.willysmjeeps.com is awesome!!! Surf it everyday.

Tackettr

Dang weather forcasters! :evil: I knew they would get it wrong, their mid-forties are now upper thirties. Oh well, just wil have to put on the cover-alls and bring more hot chocolate for my co-driver. I think with all the smiling going on it will feel 10 degrees warmer! :-D

See everyone there!

OKCM38CDN

I plan on at least making the meet and greet portion... Maybe lunch...

Spent the week with 6 holes in the kitchen / living room floor where the plumbers are replacing a sewer line under the slab. :evil:

Still waiting on the inspector to approve it so they can fill the holes and put new concrete in... then I get to wait on the flooring contractors the insurance company is sending out to fix the floors. :cry::cry:

With the weather and all that has happened this week, I am just not sure what to do...

Keep 'em rolling...

M1075

I plan on at least making the meet and greet portion... Maybe lunch...

With the weather and all that has happened this week, I am just not sure what to do...

Keep 'em rolling...
I hope you can make it.

I just checked www.weather.com and the forecast now shows a high of 65 for Saturday. It might be a little cool in the morning, but I expect a really nice day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks