• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Okie - Spring Mud Run April 16th, 2011

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And of course no event would be complete if food isn't involved.

Randy, I see you found the old Bug Heaven. Next door to the Spider used to be a Bug salvage yard.

I want to thank everyone for showing up and Pat for issuing the call to mount up. Looking forward to heading back down there.

Attachments

AllenEM

There are not alot of pictures of the deuces, did they not go on the trails with you all?

I'm all so bummed I did not make it. so went are we going to do it again?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are not alot of pictures of the deuces, did they not go on the trails with you all?

I'm all so bummed I did not make it. so went are we going to do it again?

There was only one running Deuce there. The trails are really not Deuce friendly. My suburban was almost too big in a couple of spots.

OEFISHER spent most of his time on the river.

A spent a couple of hours after the ride helping MrArmyAnt get his GSA Deuce running

Last edited:

OEFISHER

Yep the trails were a little narrow in places. I had trees rubbing both sides and the top at times. I have to admit to widening the trail in a couple of spots:wink:. Being the biggest one there and not having a winch I was worried about becoming a permanent fixture in one of the mud holes. Not sure if the M38 would pull me out!!!

MrArmyAnt

I was out there with the red deuce. Got there just before y'all left. Mine will be running better next time (could have gotten ya out still though :) ) and will have a warn series 18 winch on it.

MrArmyAnt

There was only one running Deuce there. The trails are really not Deuce friendly. My suburban was almost too big in a couple of spots.

OEFISHER spent most of his time on the river.

A spent a couple of hours after the ride helping MrArmyAnt get his GSA Deuce running
Warthog is a man among men! A new fuel pump should be in today and I have to get a master cylinder rebuild kit since the NEW master cylinder i bought didn't work.

To busy to work on it today though, have a test tomorrow (college is this biggest slow down of this more important deuce work) and today is the first day I hooked up the motors to my cnc table and am trying to work that up (plasma cutting up to 5x12 - odd size I know but it was the same price to do 12 as 10, and now I can do tube notching in the future)

Randy

Good pics! Thanks for posting.

Yep, the property now belongs to a small church but they are maintaining the spider-bug.

lnnayers

it was a great day, listening to all those kids squeal in the topless 1009 was a hoot. an lookin at the duece made me want one even more. plus watchin the m38 pull the 1009 outa the mud was awesome[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks