• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old gasser? Found in overgrowth, what ya think?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I an appreciate everyones opinion that this old truck is only worth $500, but I just participated in a GSA auction where several M211's sold for nearly $1500 each. When we went to collect what we bought, I was stunned to find that these and some M35 gassers that sold for the same amount were purchased by a scrapper for immediate shipment to the shredder. Either the Iron Yard made a large mistake or the price of scrap iron has just gone up.
Scrap yards sell the scrap for double what they pay for us it.
If they are paying $200 ton / they are likely selling it at $400 / ton

I was wanting to save a M215(?) Dump not too far from here for $800
had to pass on it, not enough time or money, or years left...

Save it if you can!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok Gentlemen, I will make some phone calls to a freight company and to an acquaintence who is in on the "sale". I'll see what I can do. Still, I have limited "play" money. I agree, she's a part of history. She was even a "firefighter" during her past life. LOL I have more pics too. Let's see what we can do to save this peice of American MV iron!
God bless,
Tony

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of a M211. Now what? If anyone is interested, please pm me. She is complete, straight, and very little rust. Will air her up tomorrow and get ready for the recovery attempt. Still have to get ahold of the trucking company. I guess I could part her out, but would MUCH rather see her stay complete and someone restore her. Thanks for ALL your support and assistance!
God bless,

Tony

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone,
I'll be going to get the truck this weekend. Only had ten days to collect after the auction. Will be bringing her home via lowboy, tractor, and the Raven Deuce. Brush is cleared, tires aired up and transportation lined up. Anyone interested, please don't hesitate to drop me a pm. I'll clean her up some, and then, I'm afraid, I have to sell her. Saved her from the scrap, but I can't afford that much of an outlay at the present time. I'll be putting her in the classifieds here and several other places. Please someone, make her a good home and restore this great peice of history!
God bless,

Tony:grin:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have trucking company lined up. Beaver tail with winch. Hope she rolls, will have the deuce to pull her. I don't know if I will have to disconnect the drive shafts. Tires are holding air, that's good. LOL Any suggestions for making the move easier on her AND me would be appreciated. Any secrets or tricks with the M211? Just put transmission in neutral? Hmmm, don't have any experience with these trucks. Arghhhhhhh Ah, the adventure begins! [thumbzup] Will have compressor, generator, saws all, and torch for recovery. Any other suggestions beside alot of chains?
God bless,

Tony:-D

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She's home! Was an adventure! Had a super time! Thanks to Mike Killen and Kurt Eberle! Nice, safe, simple, straight forward, and accomplished recovery! Beaver tail was NICE! lol Ahhhh, now what? lol Thanks to SS members PB and Oldfart for sharing your experience and information! "Can do!" She looks even BETTER out of the undergrowth! Have to jockey her around to her stable in the Mo-po. lol She even has a heater! Where does one find the operational manual for a M211? I'll check the site and see what I find! Thanks for the shared support!

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys! This has been an adventure! I am interested in the manual and will pm. "Lost Puppy" hmmmm, well, it sure is cute ya know? roflmao! Had an offer to rebuild carb for free already. Gas tank next? lol She rolled well and is now stabled next to the "Raven Deuce" and the two M105a2. She doesn't "eat any hay" as the saying goes, so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
God bless, thanks again guys!
Tony:)

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it's final, she's in the classifieds here on SS. Thanks to all that shared their wisdom and assistance. Hope she goes to a great home and gets restored like she deserves.
God bless,
Tony[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks