• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oliver 2150 with multifuel

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found an Oliver 2150 tractor at the fair. Has a multifuel engine without the multifuel capabilties. Different intake, exhaust, turbo, injector pump, altenator/bracket. Also, it was not a TD block. Heads, injectors, oil filters, block, and oil pan look the same. Block off plate for the air compressor bracket.

It has what looks like the military oil filter on it, I thought the tractors had spin-on filters. Water pump suction side is huge, like 3in hose and fittings.

From what I've read, the 2050's had a non turbo engine, 2150's turbo. The turbo is in a bad spot for photos. From what I could see, it did not look like any of the multifuel turbos. Also the engine's use different pistons, with a 18-1 compression.

Horsepower was 131 at the PTO for the turbo.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat pics I did not realize they used our engines in tractore of this late a model year, the only pics I have seen before the tractors seem a fair amount OLDER than this one? Great pics and thanks for sharing
KK

dave wagner

i have an oliver 2150. your pics look like all is original. early models came with cartridge filters then went to spin-ons. my spin-ons were leaking so i installed a set of cartridge filters from a multi fuel, perfect fit. some other parts also interchange. working load rpm is 2400 no load 2500. i overhauled mine, when we dynamometered it to seat the rings we set the governor to 131hp [factory] my boy played with the dyno and took it up to 230hp said it sounded good, but the old man buys the fuel so its set at 131.

Sevin7

Who made the engine on that 2150? TractorData says that "Oliver-Hercules" made the engines for the 2150. Is that just their way of saying that it was a Hercules LD(S/T) made to Oliver's specs?

sweetk30

dont forget the olivers also ran a 4-53 screemin detroit in the early 50's for 1-2 years i have heard.

farmer friend of mine said the one his dad had would plow all day perfect. but at night he was yelled at all the time. he couldnt figure out why his dad was yelling at him. rofl

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
early models came with cartridge filters then went to spin-ons. my spin-ons were leaking so i installed a set of cartridge filters from a multi fuel, perfect fit.
You wouldn't happen to have the old spin on parts would ya? :?:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I wonder how the "multifuel ability" changes with the 18:1 compression ratio vs the deuces 22:1 compression ratio. Would it be possible to put one of those engines in a deuce for lower compression and then get a bigger turbo to make more power and boost. 22:1 is high but my thought is 18:1 compression ratio would be more efficient when adding more boost?

Or another question: with that Oliver engine in a deuce, what engine would be more fuel efficient? I know there are a lot of variables to consider.

A

A/C Cages

My stepdad used to run multifuels thru his old 1952 Oliver 77. But I dont think it was meant to be a mulitifuel at that time??? He would change his oil in the trucks and equipments and pour it right into the tank without filtering it. That tractor is still running and hasnt broke down in the 38 years Ive known him.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I wonder how the "multifuel ability" changes with the 18:1 compression ratio vs the deuces 22:1 compression ratio. Would it be possible to put one of those engines in a deuce for lower compression and then get a bigger turbo to make more power and boost. 22:1 is high but my thought is 18:1 compression ratio would be more efficient when adding more boost?

Or another question: with that Oliver engine in a deuce, what engine would be more fuel efficient? I know there are a lot of variables to consider.
IMO, the high compression of the mutifuel is major reason you can't get much "extra" hp out of them. High compression is a factor in the high EGT we experience when you turn the fuel up. It also contributes to windows in the block. If I was wanting to get some serious hp out of a multifuel one of the things I'd look at is lowering the compression.

The down side is that it wouldn't start as easy in cold weather and it wouldn't be a multifuel anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks