• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oops...stuck in the mud.

jimmy-90

I just pulled a friend of mine's Ford loose yesterday with my M1028. It was stuck really bad like that pic. The pulling it out part wasn't real bad. Just a few good swift yanks eventually did it but the digging out around it was pretty bad though. It was stuck in some really nasty smelling mud. Possibly from a leaking septic tank which would explain the extremely bad smell and the soft spot in her yard. Anyhow she gave me $40.00 for helping her get it out. Not too bad for pulling a Ford out of a pile of poop. By the way I didn't have to drive my 1028 down into that stuff. I used a pretty long tow strap to hook to it. Me driving my truck into a poo pile was not gonna happen lol.

Josh

The thing about the Ats, they suck when at full PSI. Air them down and they are one of the best onroad/ofroad tires I've ever owned. I had them on my landcruiser, My brother has them on his sidekick, and my uncle has em on his 4runner. Airing them down makes them a whole new tire, and we would have no issue following the guys running some swampers or MT tires. Ive always had very good results with mine, and Ive since oput mud terrains on all my trucks. ( the old KM1's) and they are amazing as well. My cousin has the KM2's on his truck and they are beyond crap.

YMMV But try airind down the tires and doing it again, the Differance is quite substantial.

NCBloodhound

The thing about the Ats, they suck when at full PSI. Air them down and they are one of the best onroad/ofroad tires I've ever owned. I had them on my landcruiser, My brother has them on his sidekick, and my uncle has em on his 4runner. Airing them down makes them a whole new tire, and we would have no issue following the guys running some swampers or MT tires. Ive always had very good results with mine, and Ive since oput mud terrains on all my trucks. ( the old KM1's) and they are amazing as well. My cousin has the KM2's on his truck and they are beyond crap.

YMMV But try airind down the tires and doing it again, the Differance is quite substantial.

I've done that before with these tires in sand on my K5 and you are right. They acted like a different tire. Tonight I was just way too buried. I had a buddy with a dodge that had lockers and he couldn't get it out. He brought a compact tractor and it couldn't get it out. It finally took an 85HP 4x4 diesel tractor with a bucket to lift it out. He lifted the front end up enough that I put fence posts under the tires. Then he just pulled it right on out.

Now I can get back to putting up that fence!

rnd-motorsports

The lift and big tires just makes for better stuck picture's Gives you that bigger ego that its bigger will go threw more witch it will .but now when you get stuck your not on the edge were its easier to hook the strap now your in the middle and more then knee deep in the muck! rofl

dont take my previous post the wrong way. the AT is great tire in almost every thing from sand to snow to lose dirt to slickrock... but in mud they suck. but for a truck that isnt heavily offroaded in wet conditions, they are a great way to go... but i live in ohio, and we can find nasty mud in the dryest conditions imaginable !!

idM1028

I think wreckerman has so many trucks he doesn't hitchhike much and when he does, he just goes home to get another truck to tow the broke one rofl
Getting stuck happens to everybody. Myself included. I've haven't had my truck that long (but long enough to find out it does have gremlins, also something that happens to everybody) but so far we have recovered 4 Furds. Two were rear wheel drives, a Ranger and a F-150. One guy got stuck so he called up his buddy with the F-150. I got them both out. The second was some girls with another Ranger. Their tranny was leaking fluid pretty bad (that's what you get when you take your car to Walmart for servicing) Helped em diagnose the problem and got them on their way. The last one was a full size Bronco with 35's and a 351 with a blown rear main. I towed him off the trail and back home with my truck and a logging chain. The one time I got my truck stuck guess what pulled me out? A GMC.