• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation: Gertrude. Kendelrios M715 restoration thread

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having looked at your "post-mudding" pictures, an idea you may consider or discard at your choice is some mud flaps.

The 715 I am currently working on came with some simple rubber flaps front and rear, which look to me like a good idea as I have always thought the M715 fenders stopped a little high. I don't like leaving a plume of mist behind me in the rain, or want to take a chance of slinging a rock into someone's windshield, which is why I added mudflaps to my M1028A2.

Anyway, just a thought. ;)

Cheers

View attachment 891130
Yeah, the thought has crossed my mind... 😁

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks like the old CHERRY BOMBS we all used as kids growing up they had the best sound but they were painted red !
Yessir, and the muffler that was on it looked a lot like the old Thrush muffler.

1677258681879.png 1677258742324.png

The boxes they came in over at the local Ace Speed Shop here on Independence Boulevard had the blue and magenta logo on them. Pretty cool stuff back in the day...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yessir, and the muffler that was on it looked a lot like the old Thrush muffler.

View attachment 891739 View attachment 891740

The boxes they came in over at the local Ace Speed Shop here on Independence Boulevard had the blue and magenta logo on them. Pretty cool stuff back in the day...
Yep i had a pair of them as well also sounded good on a 307 with headers ! At least at the age of 16 they did !

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Years ago I got to drive a schools Dodge D600 box van with a 318 V-8 and dual exhausts.

It was easy to get it to backfire by spooling it up, shutting the ignition off for a second or two, then turning it back on. Spooked more than a few girls doing that.

The last (and best) time I did that, both mufflers exploded like a morning glory. It was a righteous blast, by the way.

The resident mechanic suspected I did something to the truck on that trip, but I just told him "it was running rough, and that happened".

LOL

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Years ago I got to drive a schools Dodge D600 box van with a 318 V-8 and dual exhausts.

It was easy to get it to backfire by spooling it up, shutting the ignition off for a second or two, then turning it back on. Spooked more than a few girls doing that.

The last (and best) time I did that, both mufflers exploded like a morning glory. It was a righteous blast, by the way.

The resident mechanic suspected I did something to the truck on that trip, but I just told him "it was running rough, and that happened".

LOL
Well, I investigated the backfire because she was running rough after it. She would run fine for a while then occasionally almost die. I think it was during that cycle while I was slowing down for a red light that the muffler filled with gas and when she caught again the backfire happened.

I had a small vacuum leak going to the advance on the distributor. Fixed that and she's right as rain.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

LOL
Funny how that backfire thing could be made to happen. It was a lot of fun to make it pop when somebody was walking down the sidewalk. And, if you busted the muffler on your school bus you were fired. No discussion. Just fired... No, I wasn't ever fired :cool:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok... so where have I been? Busy!

Since my last post, I've painted the pioneer tools to match, the interior has been painted to match and the floor and bed have been rhino-lined. I've got one mirror on and will be adding the second when I get home.

I am having the seats recovered and when I get in and mounth them and the second mirror, I think I can place a check mark in the "Done" column...

Here are some pics I have on my PC, I'll be adding more soon from my phone:

Screenshot_20230307_141818_Gallery.jpg

20230307_113448.jpg

20230307_113513.jpg

FB_IMG_1677981684359.jpg

20230307_115035.jpg

20230305_122134.jpg

20230304_151535.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks