• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the dash lit with the standard configuration , or did you supplement with LEDs? That is a dash, that even I could see well enough to drive by.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

m38inmaine

It's the camera that makes it look very bright, they are bright by half of what you see, standard bulbs.

On another note I found what was wrong with my engine. The clip that I repaired on the clutch fork ball stud broke and allowed the fork arm to hit against the pressure plate bolt heads, that was the noise on starting. Working now to separate the engine just enough to get over the ball stud to get the arm out and install a new clip. I wish I would have waited and installed a new one, lesson learned a $2.50 part costing a half day of aggravation.

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This might sound like a stupid question, but what happened to the other carrier? I might of missed that post.

m38inmaine

The second carrier has a seized differential and a snapped axle shaft as a result I would say of the sudden stop. The articulation joint is wonky as well so I have been using it for parts such as brake drum and hub parts.

Got the goat back together pretty much where I started so no real gain today other than I hope to say it's fixed. Had to separate the bell housing about 1/2" to get the clutch fork over the ball stud and out of the housing. Picture is of the new clip installed, which only took a day to install.

Attachments

m38inmaine

The center differential vent tube was crushed and bent so I grabbed some 1/4 steel tubing and bent one up. If you are a goat owner having these supplies on hand is a must. Attempted some aluminum welding today and decided it is best left up to the experts, did ok but I could tell it was hit or miss so I stopped before I made a mess.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Bent up a new center differential vent tube, having 1/4 tubing and fittings on hand is a good idea for a goat owner. Attempted some aluminum welding today, it was hit or miss so I decided I better leave it up to the experts.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Yes, the clutch release arm broke free and was hitting the pressure plate, a clip that holds it to the ball stud broke, you can see it in my thread above.

Another Ahab

Bent up a new center differential vent tube, having 1/4 tubing and fittings on hand is a good idea for a goat owner. Attempted some aluminum welding today, it was hit or miss so I decided I better leave it up to the experts.
I never learned to weld aluminum, but I bet it's like most things:

- If you just did it often enough to keep your "hand" at it

It would probably look great. It's just hard to keep good at stuff you never practice too often, you know?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks