• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions Michelin XZL 365/85r20

tobyS

Is the 14.50 an mpt or non-mpt style? If they are an mpt, do you know of a wheel that will fit the 5 ton (10 lug x 11.25), but take the metric mpt size. So far all I can come up with is machining an A3.

I misunderstood your earlier post and (now) understand that the mpt will mount either tire, while the non-mpt rim will not mount the mpt style. Learn something every day.

Edit...Darn, after re-reading the Gringeltaube copied post, I see he says 14.5 is an mpt style. I'm screwed without machining (2) A3's.

Last edited:

tobyS

Thanks Welldigger. The 365 is an mpt also (and so is the 395). That's what has me screwed, trying to find an mpt style rim with the ten lug pattern. Sorry if this was a distraction to the thread, but I keep hoping to find a wheel for mpt with ten lug x 11.25.

Oh, I just remembered seeing those sets of (6) 395's at GL and they were a ten lug. So while the tire would not fit for my purpose, there does appear to be a wheel that has mpt style and the ten lug pattern. Getting closer!!!

welldigger

Everyone to their own, but if I were you, I would just run 6 395's or 14.00-20s and call it a day. Though, I will admit I'm a fan of super singles in most cases.

tobyS

I already have the 11.00 duals and like them on the rear, I just want more flotation on the front. My small farm is entirely sand. I'm making the cargo dump, expect to be loaded and (think that I) need the extra support. A couple of other members say they are happy with the wider fronts.

Thanks for letting me know the 395 tire does not use a metric MPT rim, but an industrial. I will eliminate that rim from consideration, even if the bolt pattern works.

So only the 14.5R20 and 365/80/20 tires (which I need to be the same turns/mile as 11.00's) are metric MPT and the only rim they will work with is the A3?

Or go to 22.5 and away from military.

welldigger

Do you know for sure the 365 is mpt? 22.5" wheels would need to be custom made. Though by the time you found a3 wheels and had plates made it might be the same or cheaper to just have wheels made.

Call boyce equipment. They would probably be able to steer you in the right direction.

tobyS

Here is the post from Gringeltaube...

Yes they are the same O.D.. But in order to run 14.5's (or their metric equivalent size 365/80R20) you will need M35A3 wheels and have them recentered.[/COLOR]

14.5R20 /A3 wheels are the European MPT style. DO NOT MOUNT AND RUN MPT-tires on stock M939A1 /A2 wheels: bead flanges are different and not compatible!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks